The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rick Santorum: "mainline Protestants aren't real Christians" (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26906)

classicman 02-27-2012 02:24 PM

no dear - That is your game.
You are the one who has been insulting and calling me names.
You have interjected yourself into a conversation that had NOTHING to do with you.
You own it.

SamIam 02-27-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classicman
You are buying into some insane fear mongering.

You can never go wrong by predicting the American voter will choose the candidate who is the worst possible leader for the nation:

Quote:

According to a new USA Today/ Gallup survey, in a head-to-head match up against President Obama, Republican presidential contender Rick Santorum performs slightly better than his GOP rival Mitt Romney. The poll undercuts Romney's electability argument against Santorum just one day ahead of a critical primary in Michigan.

Nationally, Santorum beats Mr. Obama 49 percent to 46 percent, the poll shows, while Romney ties with the president at 47 percent. The national survey, conducted February 20-21, has a four-point margin of error, meaning both GOP candidates are statistically tied with Mr. Obama.

In a survey of voters in 12 swing states by USA Today and Gallup, Santorum's lead against Mr. Obama widens. He beats the president 50 percent to 45 percent. The swing state survey, conducted February 14-21, also has a four-point margin of error. In this poll, Romney bests Mr. Obama 48 percent to 46 percent.
Source

classicman 02-27-2012 02:48 PM

I'll reserve judgement for at least another month.
Polls at this point are pretty meaningless.
Lets just wait and see.

piercehawkeye45 02-27-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 798040)
You can never go wrong by predicting the American voter will choose the candidate who is the worst possible leader for the nation:

Keep in mind that Santorum has never really been attacked by anyone yet because no has taken him seriously until now. If he wins the primary and the discussed topics switch back to economics from social issues, I'm willing to bet he will get overrun. Santorum would help as a VP, not president.

I don't think those polls have any legitimacy in this particular situation.

Sundae 02-27-2012 04:00 PM

It weirds me out that he could even be considered as a VP.
This man's political views are faith-based. Just, wow.

classicman 02-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 (Post 798058)
I don't think those polls have any legitimacy in this particular situation.

agreed
Quote:

Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 (Post 798058)
Santorum would help as a VP, not president.

Even in that role I think he will be a hindrance more so than a help.
The radical right will fall in line with whomever the R choice is.
The moderates and the Independents will not.
They will not vote for his level of extremism.
He has said far too much already and IMO has voided himself from any shot.

classicman 02-28-2012 12:06 AM

Poll: Given Choice Between Romney and Santorum, Most Voters Choose Suicide
Quote:

DETROIT – With just one day until the key Republican contests in Michigan and Arizona,
a new survey of likely voters indicates that in a match-up between former Massachusetts Governor
Mitt Romney and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, a majority would choose suicide
over either candidate.

The poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, shows
Mr. Romney drawing 21%, Mr. Santorum 18%, and various forms of suicide 61%.

“Throwing yourself in front of a speeding city bus” was the most popular means of suicide at 22%,
with “jumping off the roof of a really tall building or bridge” coming in second at 17%.

According to pollster Davis Logsdon, the surging popularity of suicide bodes ill for both Gov. Romney
and Sen. Santorum as presidential candidates in 2012.

“It’s still early, but even at this stage of the game the prospect of one of those two being nominated
shouldn’t be making voters want to kill themselves in these numbers,” Mr. Logsdon said.

Reached on the campaign trail in Lansing, Mr. Romney pointed out that while he did not do as well as suicide,
he still polled higher than Sen. Santorum, adding, “That’s better than a sharp stick in the eye.”

But Mr. Logsdon was quick to throw cold water on Mr. Romney’s upbeat assessment:
“In a head-to-head match-up, a sharp stick in the eye beats Romney by a two-to-one margin.”

Elsewhere, Academy Award voters hailed “The Artist” as the ultimate fantasy film, since it depicts
a world in which the French are silent.
Link

ZenGum 02-28-2012 01:17 AM

:lol2:

glatt 02-28-2012 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a couple days old, but I just saw it.

Attachment 37567

Beest 02-28-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 798040)

W got a second term, I understand the Shenanigamns by which this was achieved but still cannot fully beleive it.

re:VP's, well they picked Palin, I also don't understand who might have thought this was going to get them votes. sooo many people could just not put her anywhere near the Whitehouse, it was a couple of solid nails in the coffin of McCains campaign.

glatt 02-28-2012 11:52 AM

Oh, come on people! The headline I posted was funny. Where's the love?

classicman 02-28-2012 12:00 PM

Santorum ... behind ... Three way

Sundae 02-28-2012 12:15 PM

Love for you here, Big G.
Made me snicker.

Trilby 02-28-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 798219)
Love for you here, Big G.
Made me snicker.

Made me snicker snack! ;)

tw 02-28-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 798212)
Oh, come on people! The headline I posted was funny. Where's the love?

Didn't Santorum say love is only between a man and a woman? Santorum in a three way? Doesn't Alabama have plenty of hate laws to make such things illegal?