The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Game of Thrones (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23913)

DanaC 03-31-2013 07:25 AM

Definately.

She also reminded me of my niece Sophie in her mannerisms, and that combination of slightness and feistiness.

jimhelm 03-31-2013 10:23 PM

Not so much. Ripley is 5'6" now, at 12 yrs old. strong and solid.

jimhelm 04-01-2013 11:43 AM

Where the hell was Strong Belwas? And why did Selmy reveal his identity?

Happy Monkey 04-01-2013 04:10 PM

In a book, it's easier to not recognize an actor, and they probably didn't want to get in the situation of the audience figuring it out long before the characters.

jimhelm 04-01-2013 05:22 PM

didn't he give him long hair, and a beard, with a hooded cloak? and he's supposed to use a quarter staff, not a dagger.

footfootfoot 04-01-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 859077)
Not so much. Ripley is 5'6" now, at 12 yrs old. strong and solid.

You're wrong, Jim. You have no idea what you are talking about. And you look like Sean Bean.

do his names rhyme with each other, like shawn bawn?

jimhelm 04-01-2013 10:56 PM

Unf. I look more like strong Belwas at this point

DanaC 04-02-2013 07:54 AM

No. Shawn Been.

footfootfoot 04-03-2013 12:06 AM

Just finished season one.

Question for season 2 watchers and those who read the book, I suppose.
Is this one of those sprawling greasy leviathans of a series that just goes on and on? Or is it going to come to a conclusion soon? Will it be like Cheers where we get to see Arya grow up, get married, have kids, become a grandmother, live to see electricity come to the north, then die peacefully on a farm surrounded by her entire family in a flashback scene while we cut to present day and see the great grandson listing the farm with a realtor and a young yuppie couple moves in and finds a dragon egg in the barn and the whole cycle is repeated?

Is that what's going to happen? Cause I'm just gonna read the plot summary on wikipedia if that's the case.
I see they've signed up for season 4. I'm probably right.

Happy Monkey 04-03-2013 10:37 AM

Arya doesn't seem the marrying type.

infinite monkey 04-03-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 859328)

There were smart women back in those days? :eek:

footfootfoot 04-03-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 859328)

Luckily she's got Needle, for the time being.

Clodfobble 04-03-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Is this one of those sprawling greasy leviathans of a series that just goes on and on?

I don't think so. It does get rather complicated for awhile, but then players start to drop out (e.g. die,) or band together. Each of the Stark kids ends up on extremely different paths as they age. But IMO there's a distinct sense at the end of the most recent book that things are slowly drawing back together for a big conclusion. Don't read the plot summary; DO read the books if you've got the time. The show does a really excellent job so far, but there are always going to be nuances in the book that just can't be transferred to the screen. The books are definitely worth it.

footfootfoot 04-03-2013 11:57 AM

I'll read the books.

footfootfoot 04-14-2013 10:45 PM

Watched a few more episodes of season 2. I just watched the birth scene of the red lady.

This series is indeed a sprawling leviathan. The dragons were cute and cuddly enough, but that last bit was over the top.

How the fuck is this whole thing going to tie together short of total world annihilation culminating in a deluge, a dove, and some pimply teenager waking up from a dream?

Two wings up.