The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

xoxoxoBruce 06-25-2007 07:50 PM

That sucks, Griff. Has anyone else ever heard of the super secret test?

Clodfobble 06-25-2007 10:32 PM

I'm sorry Griff. Will this affect your employment situation (i.e., are you on a normal "school" cycle that starts in August/September or is your type of job year-round?)

Clodfobble 06-25-2007 10:34 PM

What's upsetting me tonight is I tried to make a new fried-fish-thing recipe for dinner and it failed spectacularly. I mean really spectacularly; it was only barely edible.

Griff 06-26-2007 06:56 AM

My certification officer is in China so a quick answer on this is not coming. If I have to take the test, it is in leau of a PA form that was to have been filled out during student teaching. Unfortunately, I student taught through a NY school. I had a further student teaching requirement through the PA uni but I guess that when I did it the form wasn't part of the normal mix or wasn't filled out. I can understand how my cert officer dropped the ball because the state rules are a morass, but I specifically asked about this test and was assured that it was not necessary for certification.

At this point I was supposed to have my PA cert in hand. My interviews in New York State have been based on the assumtion that my PA cert was pending and I could seek NY cert based on that. I could be hired if the school wants to fight with the NY dept of Ed saying that a QUALIFIED candidate was unavailable. Yes I do have a Masters of Ed in Special Ed but not taking GWB's major donor's test makes me unqualified to teach in the field.

Griff 06-26-2007 11:29 AM

I'm no longer upset. I'm back in that familiar place of resignation. I will do whatever the man says... Note: If I take this test it will be my sixth ETS test this year @ 50 to 115 bucks per. At least they were all very easy, you know, meaningless.

xoxoxoBruce 06-26-2007 04:35 PM

This too shall pass... you'll be cracking the whip and putting the little vermin though their paces before you know it, Griff.

elSicomoro 06-26-2007 06:04 PM

I broke the passenger side mirror on my brother's truck while using it today. Fortunately, it's a simple mirror--no heating or electronics. But it's still gonna cost me just under $100 to fix it. :(

rkzenrage 06-26-2007 06:06 PM

Sprint.... man, where to start!

skysidhe 06-26-2007 06:52 PM

well Griff, at least you know you'll pass the thing when it comes!At least you didn't take up chef school and that fish dish was your final.:p

elSicomoro 06-26-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 358962)
I'm no longer upset. I'm back in that familiar place of resignation. I will do whatever the man says... Note: If I take this test it will be my sixth ETS test this year @ 50 to 115 bucks per. At least they were all very easy, you know, meaningless.

That sucks, bro. Hopefully, this will be the last hurdle you have to jump...for a while, anyway. :)

Griff 06-27-2007 06:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words all.:)

jester 06-27-2007 09:56 AM

HLJ & Wolf - are hatin'

HungLikeJesus 06-27-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester (Post 359244)
HLJ & Wolf - are hatin'

jester - I'm sorry if I was evil. First I insult Perry Winkle, now you. I'm just going to unplug my keyboard and restrict myself to mouse operation.

LabRat 06-27-2007 10:36 AM

Damn it. Possible TMI -->Not only did I get my period again, it came early. Grrrr.

jester 06-27-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLJ (Post 359256)
jester - I'm sorry if I was evil. First I insult Perry Winkle, now you. I'm just going to unplug my keyboard and restrict myself to mouse operation.

puleeeze - if that's the worst i get from you guys, i'm in great shape;)

of course, i haven't been trashed by lj yet, so......