The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

footfootfoot 06-02-2011 09:07 AM

ha ha that is some funny right there. I had to look up bellend, but I loved the credulous wikipedia source for his bio and award.

Loving the hackers/ pranksters.

ZenGum 06-03-2011 12:02 AM

FIFA is in a shambolic state of corruption and incompetance, and Blatter has been in charge for over a decade (I think). Buck stops with him.

DanaC 06-03-2011 04:43 AM

Great word that: bell-end.

Undertoad 06-03-2011 03:31 PM

While the AC repair guy was on his way ($600 bad fan motor), the dryer gave out (no heat likely bad element $400 replacement)

Rrrraven 06-03-2011 10:53 PM

3% pay cut coming in July. Grrrr

footfootfoot 06-04-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrrraven (Post 738186)
3% pay cut coming in July. Grrrr

Considering the adages "We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us" and "We work just hard enough to keep from being fired and they pay us just enough to keep us from quitting"

How much less pretending does 3% come out to and how much easier will your day be?

Sorry to hear that. I don't think you could make 3% up in pens, pads, and paper clips.

Rrrraven 06-04-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 738214)

How much less pretending does 3% come out to and how much easier will your day be?

Days will be no easier. Our case loads have gone dramatically up in the past year, with less time to finish the work due to mandatory furlough days (one per month). Now we will work our 40 hours and get paid less. I'm thinking of pretending my lunch hour is actually two.

footfootfoot 06-04-2011 01:39 PM

That's the spirit!
"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you!"

lookout123 06-04-2011 02:40 PM

FIFA is a corrupt organization and should be disbanded along with international football. full stop.

Sundae 06-04-2011 03:29 PM

Against the wall when the revolution comes:
FIFA
Bankers (not all, just some, especially those with houses I like)
MPs (as above, but two houses)
The FA

Oh, and Miquita Oliver. I just don't like her. Even if she has a cool Mum.
Actually, no. Her Mum can come round and cook for me and I'll let her daughter off.

The Marquis de Sade got his hated parents-in-law saved from the guillotine.
I can also show mercy.

Well, not Sepp Blatter.
But he's not related to me.
And he never tried to get me out of prison, unlike La Présidente (de Sade's mother-in-law).

DanaC 06-04-2011 04:21 PM

de sade's mother-in-law got you out of prison??!

DanaC 06-04-2011 04:37 PM

Ok, levity over, time for seriousnessesses..

I've mentioned before that my best friend J is in a relationship with one of my other best mates, Jan. He's the same age as me, and she's 10 years older than us. They split up briefly last year, but then got back together, but this time aren't living together as they effectively were before. J's back living in his house and Jan has her house.

Seems to be working well, they've both seemed much happier the past few months, like it's all just starting to come together properly. Both have had minor triumphs in their work, and have been really getting on with having a lovely life. Jan's health problems which have been severe seemed to be at an end. She has a kidney problem, but it's being managed. She had to have an op last year to remove ovarian cysts or something, and that all went well. After two years of constant health scares and problems (themselves coming on the back of a cancer scare, where she thought the cancer that she survived ten years ago had returned) the time seemed have come for blue skies and a little fun.

The last few times I've seen Jan the difference has been profound. It's like my mate is back. The energetic, optimistic, creative and funny mate who'd just got so bogged down in a health nightmare. was only commenting to J a few days ago how much better and more like her old self she is.

Jan's been feeling weird for the last two days. Pains in her head and neck, strange sensations of pressure. Yesterday she went to her doctors, and they sent her to the hospital suspecting she may have had a minor stroke. Initial CT scans showed nothing on the brain, but the lumbar puncture they did last night showed blood in her spine, so apparently she has had a minor stroke.

They've moved her now to Leeds hospital where there is neurosurgery department. They don't know if she has a further bleed, but she had another funny turn today and they seem quite worried.

Obviously J is worried sick. He's on his way home now from Leeds and is going to call at mine en route. Gonna roll a few smokes and down a couple of beers. Get his mind of it.

I'm really worried about this. Obviously I'm worried for Jan. And i feel a profound sense of the unfairness of life that she is having to go through yet another nightmare of hospitals and tests, fear and uncertainty. But I'm also worried for J. Worried on so many levels. Worried about what he may have to cope with in the near future.

zippyt 06-04-2011 09:28 PM

I hope every thing works out for yer friend dana

infinite monkey 06-05-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 738214)
Considering the adages "We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us" and "We work just hard enough to keep from being fired and they pay us just enough to keep us from quitting"

Sorry to hear that. I don't think you could make 3% up in pens, pads, and paper clips.

This.

We count on a bit more money each year,in exchange for taking on more and more workload. Being denied a pittance isn't as bad as giving up some pittance.

Trilby 06-05-2011 06:01 AM

yikes, Dana. I hope your pal gets some good news from the health front.

good vibes to you and her and J.