The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

limey 06-10-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 739524)
Kneeseles ive Had ,
Now Small Cox , well You'll just have to tell me What thats Like

haggis :D

DucksNuts 06-11-2011 06:23 AM

Sorry for your family's loss, Ali. xxx

footfootfoot 06-11-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 739524)
Kneeseles ive Had ,
Now Small Cox , well You'll just have to tell me What thats Like

touché

xoxoxoBruce 06-11-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 737479)
CWB had a pretty abrasive personality but a heart of gold. Probably 20 years ago while defending him in conversation I stated that he was an asshole, but he's our asshole. After all this time I still can't come up with a more appropriate description for his place in our crew.

Thinking about this, while reflecting on my own experience.
Yeah, the abrasive ones often make otherwise routine experiences more dynamic, and the memories more vivid. :yesnod:

casimendocina 06-11-2011 08:56 AM

Dana, how's Jan going?

DanaC 06-11-2011 10:34 AM

She's doin' pretty well Casi, thanks for asking. She's taking it easy, mainly resting and watching tv shows on the laptop in bed. She's been up and about a little, done some baking (her main way of destressing) and the last results that came through showed no sign of any further bleed. Her blood pressure is still very high but not as scary high as it was a few days ago.

I think she's pretty much decided she doesn't want to return to her job managing the Trades Club. Way too high-stress. Even when she returned to work after her operation last time around and everyone had sworn blind they'd be more supportive and not dump it all on her, things quickly returned to the status quo. I think she gets paid something like 25 hours a week, but actually does more like 50, just plugging the gaps. And that's on top of a few hours of teaching each week, and attempting to start up an amazon/ebay book business.

All things considered though, she's doing well. *smiles*

DanaC 06-11-2011 10:44 AM

I am posting a belated 'upset' from Tuesday.

I lost my iphone 4. I left it in the back of a taxi. Not a private hire vehicle, with a company I could call, but a hackney carriage cab from the ranks.

I was pretty sure it must have slipped from my bag onto the taxi seat as I was getting out. I knew I'd had it on that journey because I'd sent a text to somebody.

Wednesday, I did a little googling and found that the taxi drivers are suposed to hand any lost property into the licensing department in town, within 48 hours of finding it. So, I phoned the licensing dept. Nobody had handed anything in. They took my details, time, place and destination of the taxi journey, and said they'd look into it.

Meanwhile I phoned my provider and discovered that my insurance doesn;t cover loss. And I am locked into a two year contract. Sure, they can send me a sim, and my monthly charge still covers texts and phone calls, but that's all.

So, I went checking online and resolved that if my phone doesn't show up, I'll have to buy a second hand i-phone 3. A step down, but there's no way I can justify spending enough to replace it like for like.

So, then I got a phone call from the licensing dept. The guy told me he was going to go and talk to the drivers at the rank. And would let me know if anything came of it.

..... Now let's jump to the happy thread :)

morethanpretty 06-11-2011 12:29 PM

I cannot express accurately the amount of hate I have for my job right now. I spent a good amount of time tryin not have a breakdown and biting my Han to try keep from screaming in the bathroom earlier. This fucking place gets worse by the day. 1) changed the website we place orders through to super shitty one that is so awful most of us just stopped using it and call to place the order. 2) our ticketing program freezes 5-6 times a shift. If it's not frozen then copy/paste function will absolutely stop working I
Until you close your 50app you need and sign off and all the way back in. 3) new apps we support are so poorly designed we spend hours a day jut trying to figure how how the user screwed up their procedures. 4) they now record both our audio an screen captures of our comp during a call. Can't joke with coworkers on IM or do anything personal related. I'm poetic at lunch from my phone. I'm a good employee but this job is boric as fuck, I need something to DO and relieve the stress of being so bored. Fuck this place! Fuck it all!

zippyt 06-11-2011 12:57 PM

ya done said that

DucksNuts 06-11-2011 08:34 PM

Recruiting!!

Its all I do. I recruit, I train...then start again.

I have a bunch of resumes to read and go through today.

morethanpretty 06-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 739661)
Recruiting!!

Its all I do. I recruit, I train...then start again.

I have a bunch of resumes to read and go through today.

Recruit me! No need to read my resume, I'm pretty f*ing awesome.

DucksNuts 06-11-2011 10:41 PM

Yes you are, mtp.

I'm a bit of a bitch to work for though, ask my whiney little sales boys!!

Four interviews lined up for Tuesday, then I have to staff our new satelite office an hour away.

Lola Bunny 06-12-2011 04:59 PM

Life...:rolleyes: A friend said to put walls up around me. Easier said than done.

kerosene 06-14-2011 06:03 PM

Just read about your Mother in law, Ali. I am so sorry to hear that news.

My upsetting thing is I miss my husband. He's gone for a week to Kentucky. Just miss the hell out of him.

classicman 06-14-2011 10:42 PM

Is he hanging with Digr? If so, I'd be more worried than anything ;)