The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

sexobon 01-18-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1044694)
How are they going yo make a living? Will they become desperate and appear in their own reality royality TV show? Would it have a cheesy name like Royals - Canadian Style? :(

Well, that's out. They've been stripped of their "Royal" titles.

Quote:

Britain's Harry and Meghan will no longer be working members of royal family - palace

… The couple will also no longer use their "Royal Highness" titles, the palace said in an announcement …

… Harry will remain a prince and the couple will keep their titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex. …

… The Sussexes will not use their HRH title as they are no longer working members of the royal family. …

… It was not immediately clear whether the couple could continue to use the "Sussex Royal" title for their website and branding. …
https://sussexroyal.com/

ETA: Maybe they can change the website to sussexgrace.com and the brand along with it to Sussex Grace. It still sounds nice.

Keep calm and keep with tradition.

xoxoxoBruce 03-04-2020 12:35 AM

Got a letter from the County. We're doing a reassessment of properties and your assessment is tripled.
Go to the website specified, get 90% through scheduling a hearing, it freezes up.
Call the phone number on the website and get a recording saying they're experiencing unexpected call volume, call back later.
Triple my assessment and you don't expect me to call? You do not want me to come there, motherfucker.:mad2:

Griff 03-04-2020 06:25 AM

Scrape the paint off the house, set some goats loose, and put a couple Fords for your front yard. How the hell does it get tripled? That's nuts.

Clodfobble 03-04-2020 08:55 AM

I bet it was an error that affected lots of people, and that's what caused the crashed site and unexpected call volume.

xoxoxoBruce 03-04-2020 09:22 AM

No, not an error. Court ordered county wide reassessment by this outfit, they send a assessment based on maps and real estate sales over the last couple years. But they don't know the intricacies of the area.
They know what's coming, they've designated four locations for these 20 minute interviews, seven days a week during March, April and May. So I get to argue with them, then they give the final number to the county.
At that point I can(will) appeal to the county assessment board who are familiar with local intricacies and go through it again. If I don't like their number I can sue or appeal again in a year.

glatt 03-04-2020 09:51 AM

What a pain in the ass.

Around here, they like to pee on us and tell us it's raining.

"We're lowing property tax rates! Aren't we wonderful!"

*government lowers the tax rate a hundredth of a percentage point*

*then government raises the assessed value of each home by 5%, causing the actual tax owed to go up by $500.*

Rinse and repeat, year after year.

Obviously, I'm making these numbers up for illustrative purposes, but they are very close to the truth.

Happy Monkey 03-04-2020 12:40 PM

On the other hand (maybe this isn't the case for you) the assessed value typically is less than what similar homes are actually selling for.

xoxoxoBruce 03-05-2020 01:09 AM

What prompted this the first time years ago was the people buying McMansions for a half a million bucks complained that ma and Pa Kettle who have lived in their house since WW II are paying less taxes when they both have the same number of bedrooms. Of course 5 of the Kettles 6 bedrooms are unused except when the children/grandchildren come home for Christmas, whereas the McMansionites have 4 spawn in school where most of the taxes go. They are also the ones telling the schools they need more of every thing that doesn't help educate the kids. The local school board paid some consultant $500,000 to investigate ways to make the high school look less like a school. :speechls:
I stay away from the whole thing to avoid arrest.

Also, traditionally houses were reassessed when they changed hands either by sale or inheritance.

BigV 03-10-2020 09:58 PM

I do not give a fuck.

monster 03-11-2020 09:24 AM

I'm beyond miserable. The hits keep on coming. I don't know how to make it better. I don't want to be a zombie on drugs and as my health insurance is costing $1000+ a month that I don't have, that won't be an issue for long anyway. I just can't list all the things. It's too horrible. 2nd anniversary of Beest's death is friday too. I honestly can't imagine that's going to make it worse. Living without him is not living.

limey 03-11-2020 11:13 AM

Oh monster! I am so sorry.

Griff 03-11-2020 02:44 PM

:sniff:

fargon 03-11-2020 03:45 PM

Me too.

Undertoad 03-11-2020 04:08 PM

dammit

glatt 03-11-2020 04:14 PM

Monster, I'm really sorry life is so rough right now. I wish I could make it better. :hug: