The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   zip hanging it up (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35300)

zippyt 08-25-2020 03:35 PM

zip hanging it up

welp it looks like im retiring from a job iv had for 30+ yrs,
blew out my shoulder last oct , had surgery in nov , got a physical eval today , dude said i cant meet the requirements for work safely , so time for another adventure , yeeeehaaaaaw !!:eyebrow::3eye:

BigV 08-25-2020 03:44 PM

sorry about ur finger (connection to your torso)

Good news is now you can open the first Tiki Bar in Arkansas! You're strong enough to use your other arm to lift a bottle of rum, aren't ya?

zippyt 08-25-2020 03:58 PM

yeppers , i want to do a floating bbq barge on the gulf floating dock and bar , get old retired navy dudes to handel the tug boat and smoker paint it in out ragus colors etc,,, Buy a yacht with a flag sayin' "Chillin' the Most"
Then rock that bitch up and down the coast
Give a toast to the sun, drink with the stars, etc,,,

Clodfobble 08-25-2020 04:46 PM

Whoo! Retirement party time!

glatt 08-25-2020 04:50 PM

Sorry about your shoulder, but happy retirement!

xoxoxoBruce 08-25-2020 05:05 PM

I guess the Mrs would be unhappy with you becoming a pimp.
Will you get any pension from these dudes?

footfootfoot 08-25-2020 07:00 PM

That sounds so much better than a wood fired pizza truck.

Gravdigr 08-25-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 1056973)
Buy a yacht with a flag sayin' "Chillin' the Most"
Then rock that bitch up and down the coast
Give a toast to the sun, drink with the stars, etc,,,

Be that Cowboy, baa-by! Ya earned it.

Griff 08-25-2020 08:54 PM

It sounds like time for a new adventure. You’ll rock this.

monster 08-25-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1056975)
Sorry about your shoulder, but happy retirement!

THIS.

you earned some fun and then some. When shall I arrive for the party?

Dude111 08-29-2020 02:37 PM

Im so sorry buddy :(

zippyt 10-02-2020 11:05 PM

it is done converting over to va for health care

Griff 10-03-2020 07:04 AM

Good on you man.

fargon 10-03-2020 09:41 AM

I like the VA most of the time. They have their moments when they can be a real PITA.

sexobon 10-03-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 1058945)
it is done converting over to va for health care

A few tips:

Should you go back to work in another field and medical benefits are offered, take them if you don't have them elsewhere (like through a working spouse). You're only guaranteed VA coverage for service connected medical issues. The VA currently offers veterans coverage, often with a small copay, for non-service connected medical issues; but, that's dependent on continued funding and could disappear at anytime with budget cuts. Same goes for enrolling in Medicare as soon as you're eligible.

Now that you're enrolled at the VA, get an annual physical there even if you do get other medical coverage. There're some perks that are lost if you don't see a VA provider for over 2 years. For example: VA pharmacy service is considered continuing "credible drug coverage" [at least as good as commercial plans] for the purpose of transferring to commercial drug coverage insurance plans without exclusions; but, only if you've seen a VA provider in the past 2 years.

While VA medical coverage does meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), it is NOT considered continuing "credible medical coverage" for commercial medical insurance applications. The VA's dependence on annual funding for non-service connected medical care precludes that. If you're offered medical insurance elsewhere, take it during the initial open enrollment period; or, you may have to wait another year for the next open enrollment period since it won't be a qualified transfer of coverage from the VA.

I became eligible for Medicare this year and have been navigating the commercial insurance/Medicare insurance/VA coverage jungle. These are a few of the easily missed waypoints.