The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

BigV 04-19-2009 01:49 AM

the dog

monster 04-20-2009 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well apparently, the weather here will scorch my groove on Saturday, but that's after freezing it on Weds. :rolleyes:

TheMercenary 04-20-2009 10:19 PM

Our weather is just terrible. :D

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USGA0506

morethanpretty 04-24-2009 09:36 AM

I've been on antibiotics for a week and my sinus infection feels worse today. Coughing and throat hurts, which was not a problem before.
I'm also really tired and want coffee, but don't have any at all.

Yeah I'm cranky

monster 04-25-2009 06:57 PM

The forecast didn't mention the storms... other than that it was bang on.... actually no rain or damaging hail, but strong winds, dodgy looking sky, and the second soccer game was called about 10 minutes into the second half because of lightening/thunder.

Cloud 05-01-2009 02:44 PM

Came upon this post with instructions on how to Eat Fire:

http://tcavengers.wordpress.com/eat-fire/

glatt 05-01-2009 03:06 PM

Neat link, but haven't you spoken out before about the dangers of backyard fireworks? And now you are linking to instructions of how to intentionally take burning flammable liquids into your mouth? I'm not judging. Just perplexed. I actually think it's an interesting link.

Cloud 05-01-2009 03:08 PM

well, I'm not saying you should do it . . . and I would NEVER do it, but I thought it was interesting, tis all

monster 10-07-2009 07:05 AM

The Thrift store I volunteer at which earns money for the schools deperately needs volunteers They have to do an orientation session first. so I had a GREAT idea to set one up in advance just for families at my school (I'm the school rep) so they could learn with friend and know the date rather than the current system of calling the volunteer co-ordinator and waiting to be told when the next one is. Everyone agreed it was a great idea, so I set up a session for tonight (two weeks ago) and naively assumed since we had agreed the date and I hadn't heard otherwise -and had emailed the only contact address allowed several times about it, it would be fine.

wrong.

yesterday i was getting a little concerned that i'd heard nothing, but had to assume my emails had been read so no news is good news....
grrrrr

(ME last night)

> > Hi Uselessbitch,

> >
> > I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard back from you about this -this
> > is my third email since we talked at the meeting on the 23rd and picked
> > some dates. Please let me know if there is a problem -I'd hate for my
> > volunteers to turn up tomorrow night and there be no session.
> >
> >
> >
> > here's my list for Weds 7th Oct 7-9pm

(HER this morning)

> Monster,
> We need to verify a date for orientation before sending word out for a
> session. I am NOT able to hold orientation on Wednesday Oct. 7. I can
> hold a session on Sunday Oct. 11 from 5-7. I hope you'll be able to let
> your families know that tonight's session is NOT scheduled. Perhaps they
> can attend on Sunday. Thank you.
> UselessBitch
>

(Me.... just right fucking now, I'm so damn mad. I'm gonna get ger job and do it properly. And get paid. She's not even a volunteer -she gets paid to do this! How fucking unprofessional and useless can you get?):

>> Thank you for getting back to me. I am confused as to how I should have verified the date with you further than I did? You said it was good at the meeting on the 23rd and would email straight away if you found it wasn't when you got home. You didn't, so I got the word out straight away. I have emailed about it several times to make sure it was still good and heard nothing -I guess I was naive to assume no news was good news, but it would have been unprofessional of me to tell my families "well I'm not hearing anything so maybe it's not going to happen".

Is is possible for me to run the orientation -do you have notes? If not, can we reschedule for next Wednesday? These families were excited about this date because it's a weekday evening. yes, I can contact them, but I am loathe to because we so desperately need good volunteers in the shop.

Trilby 10-13-2009 08:24 AM

What is scorching my groove is that my problems are all problems of thinking and logic and NONE of mechanics.

No. I will NOT re-write!

monster 01-20-2010 09:51 PM

The background:
Our swim club runs lessons for toddlers in a theraputic (= warm, zero depth entry) pool at an elementary school. They have the pool because they have a program for kids with physical special needs, and they are required to make it available to us to offer lessons to the community. Classes are either on Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs. They should have started last Monday, but the health dept closed the pool because the levels were bad (that's the school's responsibility). So they started Tues. On Weds, a kid at school pooped in the pool, so it had to be shocked and was unavaialble for Weds night. Thurs was fine. Friday too (we run two baby/parent classes then). Monday was MLK day -on the calendar as a no swim day. Tues was fine. Tonight (Weds) a kid in our early class barfed in the pool. so we had to cancel the late class (no-nos are poop, barf and blood). We sent an email out immediately we heard....
Quote:

Pool closed for late class tonight because of throw up in pool. Sorry for inconvenience.
(I didn't write it, but I think it makes it pretty clear what happened)

and we got this from a parent

Quote:

I am getting upset at these cancellation after cancellation. My kid looks forward to swimming.
This is America please work very hard to keep to the original schedule, now I have to adjust my schedule each time.
I am getting out right sick of this.

Milon
What exactly the fuck do they expect us to do? duct tape all mouths and buttholes before kids enter the pool? Including the kids in school during the day? WTF does America have to do with it? (I'm not the prez -who is American through and through- she deals with the emails. Although we share the pain.)

this was my suggested reply:

Quote:

Milon,

We are as upset as you are. All swimmers and coaches are excited to attend. Furthermore, it's not very pleasant for us to receive emails like this when we are unpaid volunteers doing the best we can with situations beyond our control, so please let us assure you we would avoid this if we could. All we can say to futher protest our innocence is that It was not any of the board's children who threw up in the pool tonight.

Unfortunately we cannot schedule when swimmers will have bodily function accidents in the pool, and -as this is America- American Health regulations dictate that we cannot allow swimmers in a pool containing feces, vomit or blood. Did you really want your swimmer in that pool tonight? With the vomit?

We would be interested to hear how this adversely affects your schedule so we can take that into account when we decide what to do regarding make-up classes/credits. Parents are required to stay during class, so it's hard to understand the problem. Did you need to cancel a babysitter you have hired for other children? Or are you concerned about potentially being unavailable for make-up classes?

thank you for your consideration and insight into this matter
go for it.....

lumberjim 01-20-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 628644)

this was my suggested reply:

i'd add.....a quick....'you fucking immigrant' in right after 'Milon' ...as clearly she is NOT American.

monster 01-20-2010 10:20 PM

the prez's "suggested" reply was more to that vein.... including the work "Fuck" more than once (and she is a "freak" freak :lol:)

but I'm an immigrant too.....

lumberjim 01-20-2010 10:35 PM

yeah...but you're the good kind of immigrant.

Pete Zicato 01-21-2010 10:07 AM

Love the "this is america" bit.

Probably wouldn't hurt to remind parents not to bring sick kids to swim, though.