The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Cloud 04-18-2007 01:07 PM

Be a post whore!

So, you want your post count to go up? But can't think of anything worthy of its own thread? Post here!

Your random thoughts. Your useless post posting. Before you know it, you'll be a post whore extraordinaire!

BigV 04-18-2007 01:26 PM

See, now you're just starting an argument with me.

j-o-k-e, m'kay?

Cloud 04-18-2007 01:26 PM

I am only an egg. You grok?

freshnesschronic 04-18-2007 01:28 PM

Why would we want our post numbers to go up? I don't see the incentive. Maybe if I got free iPod or something for every 1,000 posts.

Sheldonrs 04-18-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 334802)
I am only an egg. You grok?

"Grok"? I haven't heard that since the 60s. "Stranger In A strange Land".

And I can be a post whore, pre-whore and any other kind of whore.

Cloud 04-18-2007 01:36 PM

instant gratification

Shawnee123 04-18-2007 01:48 PM

I have one:

Walking through the halls, it occurred to me that when the first part of this building was built, in 1973, they never dreamed that students would one day not carry backpacks, but would wheel them along behind them. So the flooring in that part is tile/grout. You can imagine the noise between classes.

When I was in college there was only one way to transport stuff to class: a backpack with one, and only one, strap on your shoulder. To carry with two straps meant you were a total loser.

But, we didn't have laptops wayyyyyy back then. :rolleyes:

BigV 04-18-2007 02:10 PM

wrt backpacks in college...

Went to the health center because my back was killing me. Doc (nurse, pa, whatever...) said "stand up straight" and I did. I looked in the mirror, yep, straight. Ok, now take off your backpack and stand up straight. Ok, no problem. Stood up straight, felt straight, balanced fine, felt fine. Looked in the mirror and I saw myself shrinking away from some invisible something on my right. Like I was leaning away from something extremely distasteful. Needless to say, nothing was there. Including the nothing of my 25 pound backpack which I routinely wore "non-total-loser-style" on my right shoulder *only*. I had trained my body to accept this asymmetrical load and without it, I was definitely crooked. But my back hurt like crazy. And the prescription was to wear the load evenly. If the left shoulder went naked, that meant no backpack. If I had to bring the backpack (and I always did), two straps, two shoulders, and stand up straight, boy!

I'm a looooo-ooh-ooh-ser...[/musical reference]

monster 04-18-2007 02:21 PM

Shortly after I registered, someone on here was talking about their dad (I think) totally buggering his knee by constantly sitting with on leg curled under him. I said "oh i do that too". Now my knee's buggered. :rolleyes:

Cloud 04-18-2007 02:21 PM

I bought a Furminator for my cats, and boy, does that thing de-fur!

Shawnee123 04-18-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 334824)
Shortly after I registered, someone on here was talking about their dad (I think) totally buggering his knee by constantly sitting with on leg curled under him. I said "oh i do that too". Now my knee's buggered. :rolleyes:

Me, too. And that same knee was buggered (I love that word, hope you don't mind if I borrow it) when I had the cartilage taken out because of HS basketball. But it's the only way I feel really comfortable.

Shawnee123 04-18-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
And the prescription was to wear the load evenly. If the left shoulder went naked, that meant no backpack. If I had to bring the backpack (and I always did), two straps, two shoulders, and stand up straight, boy!

So true, fashion over function. Just like many women's shoes. :)

Cloud 04-18-2007 02:30 PM

and we're on the road to post-whoredom! I know I'll never be able to catch up with The Cellar's long-time residents.

... gee, you guys must be so old!

;)

BigV 04-18-2007 02:32 PM

careful there you whippersnapper, or I'll hit you with my cane... the next time you come inta mah YARD! [oldfart]

BigV 04-18-2007 02:35 PM

Wow, I'm so rarely accused of fashionable behavior or dress that I'm momentarily speechless.

[/moment]

Actually, it precious little to do with fashion, more like expediency / laziness. Grab, swing and go. I know better now, though. My most recent pack was very very very heavy, probably 80-90 + pounds and I could not possibly carry it one shouldered. It damn near crushed me just putting it on.