The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is your worst habit/habits? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12243)

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 01:39 AM

What is your worst habit/habits?

I bite my nails, tear off split ends, stay up too late, wake up too late, procrastinate on all of my house/school work, and leave my contacts in for weeks at a time.

breakingnews 11-01-2006 02:09 AM

I have a bad habit of lying by omission.

I'm not dishonest, I just tend not to tell the whole story. Usually it's because I feel explaining the whole story would be too much trouble, but really I am often worried about people getting pissed off or feeling hurt. Many times I get tangled in a web of misunderstanding, and it sucks, but I keep doing it.

Funny how I tell people to be brutally truthful to me, but I can't practice what I preach.

DucksNuts 11-01-2006 03:11 AM

I brush my teeth in the shower, burp really loud and unladylike, have a *clean-floor-thing*, post pictures of my arse on the net and am borderline OCD on alot of things :blush:

Ibby 11-01-2006 06:22 AM

I dont shut up, I'm a pathological make-fun-of-people-er, and I'm annoying.

yesman065 11-01-2006 07:09 AM

I smoke and I have no tolerence for sheer & udder (intentional) stupidity - ie: I let bm get under my skin.

Elspode 11-01-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts
...post pictures of my arse on the net and

This is about *bad* habits, Ducks.

I pull my ears when I am nervous or insecure. I procrastinate and live in constant denial. I rationalize overly. I am very passive.

God...I'm a mess.:worried:

Shawnee123 11-01-2006 08:45 AM

I'M the mess. I have picked at my thumbnail and cuticle so badly that the nail bed is ruined and I will never have a normal looking hand. I pick at other cuticles, too...so they bleed sometimes. I'm not usually conscious of it. There is a picture of my ex and I getting married, facing each other with grins on our faces, holding both hands. What people don't know is we are trying to keep from laughing because I was trying to pick at my nails (didn't know I was even doing it) and he was keeping my hands apart.

It's a horrible thing but I can't help it. Nervous Nellie! My ex boyfriend likens me to a barn animal. Nice! :p

Flint 11-01-2006 09:42 AM

Being too damn perfect.

wolf 11-01-2006 11:08 AM

I smoke, and am an occasional nailbiter. This is a downgrade from being a constant nailbiter, so the condition is controllable.

I have also been known to express the pus out of zits.

I'm sure you are all appalled.

wolf 11-01-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty
and leave my contacts in for weeks at a time.

You need to buy the contacts that you are allowed to leave in for weeks at a time.

Bullitt 11-01-2006 11:21 AM

I chew the insides of my cheeks without even thinking about it all the time. Every time I go to the dentist he/she rides me like a freakin bull about the dangers of chewing tobacco (since they don't believe that I don't use)

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
You need to buy the contacts that you are allowed to leave in for weeks at a time.

*sigh* I know I have Acuvu Advance, but you're still supposed to take them out every night. I've had two flair ups this year (1st times ever tho) and my eye doc gave me a speech. He says until he re-writes my perscription I have to be good. I'm better...but still not good.

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 11:25 AM

I forget to brush my teeth at night. Ick!

mrnoodle 11-01-2006 11:41 AM

Smoking. Speaking before thinking (or without ever thinking at all). Trying too hard to be funny. Eating right before bed, then not brushing. Arguing with my mom just to be arguing. Hanging up the phone without saying "goodbye" at the end. Not practicing my guitar and making the band wait while I figure stuff out at rehearsal. Pretending I have allergies so I don't have to mow the parents' yard. Waiting until everything is almost late to start working, then having to stay up all night. Not making eye contact with people when I walk by. Forgetting not to smoke weed. Paying too much for things just because I don't want to wait to get them. Not calling my brother and sister enough. Digging around in my ear with my finger. Not putting change in the Salvation Army thing outside of the store. Not changing my oil enough.

and worst habit of all....(drum roll)....

not knowing when to stop typing.

Sundae 11-01-2006 11:45 AM

I procrastinate to the point where I get myself into trouble - and yet on my CV (resume) it says that I am self-motivated... So I guess I add liar to the list.

I am occasionally struck with bad wind. Really bad wind. I can't list that as a bad habit as it's not my fault. But I do tend to try and squeeze it out silently at my desk, hoping against previous experience that it won't smell.... And I have been known to ride in the lift just to let one rip in privacy.