The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products You Never Knew Existed (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24831)

BigV 07-26-2011 10:02 AM

great.

I *told* you that I can't eat it if it's been named. thanks. thanks a lot.

Pete Zicato 07-26-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 746639)
Just learned this weekend that my local Cash and Carry offers whole pigs. I'm gonna get a 25 pounder (head included--keep that Jarvis lunatic away from me) and cook it on the smoker.

Be careful with it, V. Cooking a whole pig can be hard to do safely.

DanaC 07-26-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 746712)
great.

I *told* you that I can't eat it if it's been named. thanks. thanks a lot.

We once did that with the Christmas turkey. Y'know, just joking about during prep. Then we dropped a few tabs and none of us were entirely comfortable tucking in to Janice.

Spexxvet 07-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 746727)

I've seen it done with the coals on a tray above the splayed out little feller. Slow cook for a long time, flip him, and the other side doesn't take very long. Delishioso!

Gravdigr 07-28-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 746727)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 746734)
I've seen it done with the coals on a tray above the splayed out little feller. Slow cook for a long time, flip him, and the other side doesn't take very long. Delishioso!

A buddy of mine butterflys and sandwiches the pig/deer/goat/whatever between rebar, and flips 'em that-a-way.

Gravdigr 07-28-2011 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WANT

zippyt 07-28-2011 08:31 AM

Then we dropped a few tabs and none of us were entirely comfortable tucking in to Janice.

HA !!!

footfootfoot 07-28-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 737720)
This is just...I don't even know where to start.

Snopes is always a good places to start.

footfootfoot 07-28-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 747021)
WANT

Does the R2D2 Stein come with her?

Gravdigr 08-01-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 747053)
Does the R2D2 Stein come with her?

What stein?

Sundae 08-02-2011 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dad bought one of these in Yarmouth.
His favourite mixers do not come in mini-cans or in 500ml bottles, just in 330ml cans.
And he does not want to drink a whole can. He's in his 72nd year - liquid weighs heavily on his old bladder!

He's made up.

Bottle Tops

grynch 08-02-2011 07:46 AM

This one may tickle your fancy... but I don't know if this device had made it to market but it certainly came thru the patent process...

for those phone calls you can't afford to miss...

http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/sear...ce&maxRec=1002

http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/sear...004356@@@false

wolf 08-02-2011 11:43 AM

I have several of those Bottle Top things. Over here, they're called Snap Caps.

I found them to be immensely useful, as I have a tendency to knock over things on my desk. Saved blow drying a lot of paperwork that way.

When you have to handwrite documentation, which is often following or followed by someone else's handwritten documentation, you can't just "print out a new copy."

BigV 08-02-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 746639)
Just learned this weekend that my local Cash and Carry offers whole pigs. I'm gonna get a 25 pounder (head included--keep that Jarvis lunatic away from me) and cook it on the smoker.

another trip to Cash and Carry this morning, and I went into the meat cooler and found a 20 pound cut of beef (beef chuck roll or something). I really only wanted to check it for size. Twenty-fiive pounds of animal will easily fit into my smoker/grill. So now I just need to find some people to cook for, because there's no way I can eat twenty pounds of pork, and I can't freeze it, no more room in the freezer. I'll cook it up and give it away.

Yes, there will be pictures.

Gravdigr 08-03-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 747950)
Dad bought one of these in Yarmouth.
His favourite mixers do not come in mini-cans or in 500ml bottles, just in 330ml cans.
And he does not want to drink a whole can. He's in his 72nd year - liquid weighs heavily on his old bladder!

He's made up.

Bottle Tops

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 748045)
I have several of those Bottle Top things. Over here, they're called Snap Caps.

I found them to be immensely useful, as I have a tendency to knock over things on my desk. Saved blow drying a lot of paperwork that way.

When you have to handwrite documentation, which is often following or followed by someone else's handwritten documentation, you can't just "print out a new copy."

I could never use those. I'm obsessive enough that I'd have to wash the can tops first (don't drink from cans most of the time), and that's just an added step...I'm lazy.