The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Guilty Pleasures! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32755)

Snakeadelic 04-29-2017 09:15 AM

Guilty Pleasures!

A'ight, Cellar Dwellars, name your favorite guilty pleasure in entertainment. Music, movies, tv, anything!

I actually still watch that notoriously awful Mortal Kombat movie from time to time. Bits of it make me very, very happy.

I like "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth. And "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. And a whole lotta 80s pop awfulness.

Clodfobble 04-29-2017 10:51 AM

I like 21 Pilots, and I'm not even guilty about it.

Gravdigr 04-29-2017 12:17 PM

"Walking On The Sun" is a romp! Can't watch the video, though. Can't stand it. After a few plays in a week, the song needs a rest, too.

I also like "Kryptonite". Turned my musical buddy on to it, and the band learnt it.

A musical guilty pleasure is "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.

anonymous 04-29-2017 12:32 PM

One of my guilty pleasures is going to God's country, y'know, go to the end of the world and turn left, and smoke a big, fat, stanky, sticky hogleg-of-a-joint whilst riding through, and thouroughly enjoying God's creation(s).

:blunt::joint::fumette:

ETA: And I don't even feel guilty about it.

DanaC 04-29-2017 03:40 PM

What is this 'guilt' you speak of?

BigV 04-29-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeadelic (Post 987695)
A'ight, Cellar Dwellars, name your favorite guilty pleasure in entertainment. Music, movies, tv, anything!

I actually still watch that notoriously awful Mortal Kombat movie from time to time. Bits of it make me very, very happy.

I like "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth. And "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. And a whole lotta 80s pop awfulness.

Here are some.

Snakeadelic 05-11-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 987703)
"Walking On The Sun" is a romp! Can't watch the video, though. Can't stand it. After a few plays in a week, the song needs a rest, too.

I also like "Kryptonite". Turned my musical buddy on to it, and the band learnt it.

A musical guilty pleasure is "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.

I learned to cha-cha to "Smooth". Me and another of the dance students were on an errand run one day and that song started playing on the store's satellite radio. I looked over and we were BOTH practicing our cha-cha to the delight and amusement of ALL THE CHECKOUT LINES.

Good times :D

Snakeadelic 05-11-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 987704)
One of my guilty pleasures is going to God's country, y'know, go to the end of the world and turn left, and smoke a big, fat, stanky, sticky hogleg-of-a-joint whilst riding through, and thouroughly enjoying God's creation(s).

:blunt::joint::fumette:

ETA: And I don't even feel guilty about it.

I smoke out with my parents every time I visit, because they live in Oregon. If Montana would just legalize it already, I'd get my medical-use card again (had to send the last one back shredded, or risk eviction and arrest at the order of the property owners, who live in a different UNLADYLIKE WORD HERE time zone).

Snakeadelic 05-11-2017 08:49 AM

I can think of a few more of my own to spice things up:

I own a disgusting number of Duran Duran albums, singles, and EPs. And once in a while I still pull out the rarities for stuff that's hard to find online.

Sometimes when I'm stressed I booze it back down to manageability, as I have learned in my life that I'm lucky enough to be able to put the bottle back down and walk away from a chemical crutch.

I'm WAY too into the MCU movies. And I can't spell the noise I made when I saw the Ragnarok teaser and recognized the slowed-down bassline BEFORE Hela grabbed Mjolnir.

Sometimes I read fanfic. The smut gets boring a lot faster than the surprisingly wide variety of writing styles and storytelling formats! My theory is that fanfic is a haven for those still trying to learn to develop original characters; fanfic gives people well-known characters to develop settings and dialog and events around.

xoxoxoBruce 06-25-2017 09:45 PM

Stuff like this. Music aside, this guys dancing is quite amazing. I kept waiting for him to trip on his shoelace, came close once, but did a great job.