The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Pico and ME 05-06-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 731678)
Yes that righteous point has been posted all over the place and by the time I read that post of Dana's I was simply trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Geez Pico, this is the second time you've said exactly the same thing to one of my posts and the second time the person I was responding to said they knew I was joking.

I don't make comments like that to people who I believe wouldn't get what my meaning was.

WTF is it ok for others to crack jokes here there and everywhere, but when I do it someone has to be offended???

eta: sorry for the tail post, but I was sleeping while this discussion was going on.

Ali, I spoke up because I didn't want Dana's protest to be taken lightly.

Aliantha 05-07-2011 02:20 AM

Fair enough Pico. I haven't taken it lightly. I've also expressed my opinions and hope that Jill will not leave.

Ultimately it's her choice though. Most of us have had to deal with one or more posters giving us a hard time at some stage or another. I guess we all just have to live and learn and decide what's best for ourselves in the end.

No hard feelings. :)

footfootfoot 05-07-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 731598)
Yeah, I don't know. My teachers must have wanted us to be at a level above, like, comics. :eyebrow:

Yeah, srsly. Why is that so weird? We had to converse and stuff.

That's like "Dude, you totally studied Spanish and you never watched Dora the Explorer? Srsly?"

;)

Also, they didn't have Dora the Explora when I was in school. They barely even had written language back then, but they did have Tin Tin translated into Spanish.

infinite monkey 05-07-2011 08:06 PM

Would you look at that? I buried the lead. ;)

(paraphrase of Albert Brooks' character in Broadcast News)

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 731590)
Never read Tintin and you studied Frentch?

srsly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 731598)
Yeah, I don't know. My teachers must have wanted us to be at a level above, like, comics. :eyebrow:

Yeah, srsly. Why is that so weird? We had to converse and stuff.

That's like "Dude, you totally studied Spanish and you never watched Dora the Explorer? Srsly?"

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 731673)
Hmm...it's cultural? I know Tin Tin. I would use comics in a language class. Infinite Monkey, did you learn French in college? Perhaps that's the reason why you weren't introduced to French comics. Come to think of it, I can't recall where I was introduced to Tin Tin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 731733)
Oh well. I must have dreamed two years of french in hs and two terms in college. I can't have done it, I don't know the cartoons.

Now are you oh so worldly ones done trying to point out my cultural ineptitude, or is Dudley Do-right on? I want to learn more about (aboot, I think?) Canadian culture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 731802)
Also, they didn't have Dora the Explora when I was in school. They barely even had written language back then, but they did have Tin Tin translated into Spanish.

BigV 05-11-2011 10:34 AM

Surprise.

It's raining again today.

Pete Zicato 05-11-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 732954)
Surprise.

It's raining again today.

You live in Seattle and it's not June, yet.

Trilby 05-11-2011 11:27 AM

It's #@$%%& HOT and humid out there today. After nearly six weeks of straight rain, the heat comes to scorch not only my groove but my ass, too.

Can't do nothin' out there. It's totally ridiculous.

That's why the cost of living is so reasonable here.

infinite monkey 05-12-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 732971)
It's #@$%%& HOT and humid out there today. After nearly six weeks of straight rain, the heat comes to scorch not only my groove but my ass, too.

Can't do nothin' out there. It's totally ridiculous.

That's why the cost of living is so reasonable here.

I thought about you yesterday Bri. We not only live fairly close, our views on the weather are almost identical.

I had a vacation day, and was running around town getting things done. As soon as I put the lid down on my car, Sheryl Crow is on the radio singing "I Want to Soak Up the Sun" and it was AWESOME. Cruise here, cruise there, wind in my hair, sun on my face, singing...

I pulled up to get a car wash (too hot to do by hand as I had jeans on) but I almost passed out and died trying to get the automatic bill thingy to take my last two dollars. They were nice crispy dollars too. Sweat pouring down my face (I'd already prepared and had the lid back up) and back. Just from a couple minutes.

So I finally got my dollars to work, cranked up the A/C, got my car washed, then left. I didn't put the lid back down because I needed it to dry.

Needless to say, the rest of my errands were run with the lid up.

You're right: from crazy freaking snow to crazy freaking rain to crazy freaking 85 temps with 5 billion percent humidity.

And I'm down an A/C in my bedroom, completely broken, and the kitchen one isn't sounding too healthy.

So I was glad to see your post and know I'm not the only one. ;)

Pico and ME 05-12-2011 12:31 PM

Used to be that this type of weather was what I nearly died waiting for. I couldn't wait for it to get hot. Now all I want is for it to be nice enough so that I can keep the windows open in my house. Warm with refreshing breezes.

Huh.

infinite monkey 05-12-2011 12:38 PM

Yeah, when I was in HS/College it didn't bother me at all. And we NEVER had any kind of A/C in our house back then.

Of course, after a long day in the fields there was always the city pool, or even the slip and slide in the backyard.

Pico and ME 05-12-2011 12:40 PM

Or going to the movies for the air-conditioning. Yeah I remember. :D

BigV 05-12-2011 02:28 PM

what is this "air conditioning" you speak of?

monster 05-12-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 733395)
what is this "air conditioning" you speak of?

pc term for farting

BigV 05-16-2011 11:44 AM

got a "thanks, but no thanks" email from the outfit that granted me an interview a couple weeks ago.

*sigh*

*sob*

Griff 05-16-2011 05:16 PM

Chin up Dude.