The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Game of Thrones (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23913)

Hodor 08-20-2016 09:54 AM

xoxoxoBruce 12-04-2016 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How quickly they grow up...

orthodoc 12-04-2016 06:46 PM

Well, it has been 7 years ...

Snakeadelic 12-25-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 967058)
Arya left Clegane to die in agony. I don't see them breaking bread together anytime soon.
However, there is a young man whom we haven't seen for some time. He used to be an accomplished blacksmith and escaped from the Red witch with the help of Davos. I'm hoping he makes a return - possible with Arya since they were friends/love interests. That would finally unite the Baratheon and Stark families creating a massive powerhouse.

Gendry

Yup, the dude who's probably STILL rowing that lifeboat...

Snakeadelic 12-25-2016 09:43 AM

A few tidbits from reports from shooting locales:

At least one scene where Jon Snow and Daenerys are face-to-face.

On the same set, all in frame with Jon & Dany: Tyrion, Varis, possibly Davos, and Missandei.

Also, a quote from an entertainment blog: Plot Leaked – Daenerys, Jon Snow, and Cersei Join Hands to Fight White Walkers

OMG I can't wait to see how THAT mess pans out. Cersei is NOT a team player, is particularly un-thrilled about being around other beautiful women, and has so many reasons to hate Dany's whole family. As much reason as she's got to despise Jon and Dany alike, it's gonna get CRAZY frisky if Tyrion comes back to King's Landing wearing The Hand of the Queen!

classicman 12-28-2016 10:29 AM

Been kinda binge watching from season one on the last two weeks.
Lurve GoT!!!

footfootfoot 12-28-2016 04:46 PM

CRAZY frisky.

You've just described my dream woman.

Snakeadelic 12-29-2016 07:45 AM

We plan to start binge-watching the first 5 seasons (and buy the 6th) here pretty soon, since we still have like 4 months to wait and that's IF it airs when they say it's gonna start, in April.

foot, if you were to be matched up with any female GoT character based on that qualification, I'd say grown-up Arya. (We forget that while the character is still a kid, Maisie Williams is like 19 now...) That's gonna be one character who knows crazy inside and out! She may act calm even when cutting an enemy's throat after feeding them their children in a pie, but a girl who can act calm isn't always calm on the inside.

I remain stalwart in my hope that Arya gets to murder Cersei someday. With 'The Rains of Castamere' playing live because Cercei thinks she has the upper hand.

Also...anyone else wanna see Cersei and Jamie both if Tyrion comes back riding a DRAGON? "Please don't eat the help" indeed!

classicman 12-29-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeadelic (Post 977776)
IF it airs when they say it's gonna start, in April.

Oh, it will. Don't you worry, that's a HARRRRD Deadline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeadelic (Post 977776)
I remain stalwart in my hope that Arya gets to murder Cersei someday.

Also...anyone else wanna see Cersei and Jamie both if Tyrion comes back riding a DRAGON? "Please don't eat the help" indeed!

Yes yes yessssssss

Snakeadelic 12-30-2016 08:04 AM

Was gonna grab Season 6 with Amazon gift cards but got distracted by other shiny things (Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Age of Ultron to catch us up on MCU movies on DVD, plus Big Trouble because it's the funniest thing ever to happen anywhere NEAR Tim Allen). Will have to use other gift cards--my family finally realized the easiest way to gift shop for the weirdo kid is send me gift cards & let me sort it out--for Season 6. And my sweetie got the 5-book paperback set, so if I ever get to where I can read something longer than a forum post without my brain wandering off, I might even read the damn books.

DanaC 07-24-2017 03:57 PM

I've been catching up. Over the past week I've watched season 6 - all bar the finale which I am about to watch now if my internet will behave itself.

Enjoyed this season much more than season 5.

lumberjim 07-24-2017 09:40 PM

It got better once they got beyond what was in the books

DanaC 07-25-2017 02:27 PM

I've liked most seasons but I struggled a bit with 4 and 5.

oh and : OMG Hodor! That was heart breaking.

xoxoxoBruce 07-25-2017 10:12 PM

Game of Thrones saved this guy's farm.

classicman 07-26-2017 12:55 PM