The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Kid is a Damn Nutter (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18924)

Pooka 08-24-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooka (Post 589586)
I thought about you guys Friday when I stopped my my best Austin buddies house and was invited to try an amazint GFCF cake... she said it was a mix she bout at whole foods... Pamala's I belive was the lable.

Hang in there! You are an amazing mother and I know that you are unrelenting in your quest. Your children are blessed to have you and will one day be so grateful for all you go through to give them the best.

Good grief... I must have had a tugging distraction at my desk ( a wee boy distraction)... so sorry for the amazing amount of misspellings... its a wonder you could make sense of it all...

Pooka 08-24-2009 06:09 PM

Have you tried polenta on your kids yet? if so how was it recieved?

Clodfobble 08-24-2009 06:25 PM

Not yet. I have a pre-cooked tube of it sitting in the pantry, but I haven't gotten around to using it yet. Neither one of them is big on mushy textures though, so I don't suspect it would go over easily.

Pooka 08-24-2009 06:38 PM

I make a tofu polenta lasagna that is really good. My mom used to slice polenta really then and pan fry it and serve it with real mapel syrup... thats call mush... but its good.

monster 08-24-2009 06:40 PM

can you crisp it up? I seem to remember my sister trying it and she said it was most palatable spread on toast then lightly broiled like cheese.

this from wikipedia:

Cooked polenta can also be shaped into balls, patties, or sticks and fried in oil until it is golden brown and crispy; this variety of polenta is called crostini di polenta or polenta fritta. This type of polenta became particularly popular in Southern Brazil as a consequence of Northern Italian immigration. Similarly, once formed into a shape it can also be grilled using, for example, a brustolina grill.

jinx 08-24-2009 07:17 PM

I make it sometimes, the kids love it. Italians call it polenta, PA Dutch/amish call it mush, it's the same thing though.

Pooka 08-24-2009 07:20 PM

My family is from Brazil... growing up we ate a cheezy polenta patty... it was called an "arepa"

Clodfobble 08-25-2009 07:55 AM

Today's the day I send my little one off to school for the first time.

Oh, except someone at the school screwed up and didn't get our transportation forms sent to the bus department, so they'd never heard of us when I called yesterday wondering why we hadn't been given a pickup time yet. They're getting it sorted out, and she promised she would have us on the bus route tomorrow, but there was just no way it could happen today (they wouldn't have a carseat on the bus for him, for one thing.) So today I have to take him to the school and pick him up myself, which is no big deal, except for the potential for a tantrum in the hallway as I leave. But I honestly think he'll be so starstruck that he won't notice me back away like a ninja, and then he can have all the tantrums he wants with the classroom door closed. But it will only work once, so they'd better get him on the bus tomorrow or suffer the consequences.

Shawnee123 08-25-2009 08:01 AM

Ugh, it's always something, huh Clod?

I hope his first day goes well!

Clodfobble 08-25-2009 12:26 PM

Thanks, Shaw! The dropoff went great, anyway. He stared at me long and hard when the teacher said, "Do you want to say bye-bye to Mom?", but then the aide started to let the door close and he turned without a peep. We'll see how he is in another couple of hours... :)

Flint 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

lol (in my mind)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 589954)
...he won't notice me back away like a ninja...

Clodfobble 08-25-2009 12:37 PM

A ninja with a stroller.

Flint 08-25-2009 12:43 PM

Ask any real ninja--that's how they roll.

glatt 08-25-2009 01:25 PM

lol in my mind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 590037)
A ninja with a stroller.

picturing our old stroller *squeak* *squeak* *squeak* *squeak* as we roll away like a ninja.

monster 08-25-2009 03:33 PM

and....?