The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Seattle, WA (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7793)

BigV 03-19-2005 11:41 PM

Changing the subject slightly,

2 Attachment(s)
This is the view last week up and down my street. Beautiful, don't you think? The cherries broke their slumber early this year, very early, some blossoms in early January even. But this reckless showy exuberance always gladdens my heart. And January or March, their ephemeral beauty makes me remember that Winter does not reign.

BigV 03-20-2005 12:57 AM

more pretty tree pics

2 Attachment(s)
First pic down the street a few days later. Can you see the effects of the wind? Drifts of flower petals line the streets and sidewalks!

Second pic is of one of my favorite Saucer Magnolias in the neighborhood, a couple of blocks away. The canopy on this tree reaches to the ground almost and could easily envelope the two cars in the foreground, and a couple more besides.

404Error 03-20-2005 05:04 AM

Nice, first signs of spring! I was wondering where all that 'global warming' was going on I keep hearing so much about.

And here in CT we're waiting on another snow storm coming in sometime this morning. :(

wolf 03-20-2005 08:13 AM

We're having sleet or so I'm told. I'm not going out in it.

Trilby 03-20-2005 12:43 PM

We are having what we always have winter and early spring: Suicidal Skies--Grey, grey, a little white, and lots more grey. Feels like the sky is right on top of my head.

xoxoxoBruce 03-20-2005 06:05 PM

Today I saw posted pictures of flowers fom CA, NC, Netherlands and Israel. Three days ago I noticed I have crocuses, uh, croci, pushing the deutrius up. :thumbsup:

404Error 03-20-2005 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took this picture of some really determined croci at the end of Febuary outside of the butterfly museum.

BigV 03-23-2005 02:48 PM

test

test :eek:

This post was composed and posted while onboard the Bainbridge Island ferry. It's cool to read and post completely wire-free.

I also took a couple of pix, but I couldn't get the browse button to appear, and consequently could not attach the file. :mad:

I wonder if I can use the other img tools.

elSicomoro 08-28-2007 09:45 PM

Hey folks,

Ideally, April and I want to go to Seattle and Vancouver for our honeymoon. What we're thinking is...flying to Seattle, spending a couple of days there, driving to Vancouver, spending a couple of days there, then flying back to St. Louis from Seattle.

As far as things we'd like to do, well...we like food and art and quirky shit. We like tourist stuff, but we also like the stuff that isn't in the pretty brochure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Gracias.

Undertoad 08-28-2007 10:22 PM

Seattle is an awesome seafood town. If it's like it was a decade ago, you can go downtown and head to any of the restaurants at the edge of the sound, and get awesome seafood.

The Chateau St Michelle winery is not in France, it's just north of Seattle. A winery tour is a great way to spend a little time and learn about how they grow grapes in Eastern Washington and ship them to this place to make some of the finest, most consistent fine wine, year after year.

BigV 09-19-2007 11:28 PM

The view from my front porch

1 Attachment(s)
early in the morning.

BigV 09-19-2007 11:37 PM

I can see this mountain from my house

1 Attachment(s)
but not this perspective. This is Mount Rainier. Gorgeous.

BigV 09-20-2007 12:04 AM

down the road a stretch.

1 Attachment(s)
Granite Falls native, doin what comes naturally.

BigV 09-20-2007 12:09 AM

Olympic Peninsula, on the Hood Canal

1 Attachment(s)
a barn swallow, doing what comes naturally, even if it is rarely captured! They're soooo fast and sooooo agile and so beautiful!

BigV 09-20-2007 02:12 AM

A mile to the west

1 Attachment(s)
the Olympics from Golden Gardens park.