The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   talk like a pirate day is nearing ( sept 19th) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9162)

Cloud 09-18-2008 08:23 PM

We're having a party after work. My entire office thinks I'm crazy.

But since my boss is on vacation, I don't get to call him Captain all day (pout)

monster 09-18-2008 10:55 PM

“All hands on Dick?” piped up Shiver-me-timbers Sheldon with a toothless grin. “STFU” said the ship’s cat.

The Cellaaaaarrr was still gaining speed, the crew tried everything –recipes, word association, rolled them up neatly (except for the fitted ones which they scrunched up into balls and threw in the chumbucket). Then Pussy Ninetails had the bright idea of posting in the Fucked-Up Ships forum. Almost immediately, Nerdy Norman the IT goto guy replied “have you tried taking down the sails, waiting five minutes then putting them backup again?” “RTFM” said the cat. And then “O hai, I fixd ur bote 4 u”. “SFTU” growled Zip EverReady, who had been hoping to watch Pussy Ninetails and the other foxy lady dwellaaarrrs wrestle in the rigging.

As the Cellaaaaarrrr calmed down, Barmy Bruce whipped up a few spammers for dinner, Captain Wolf orked a few cows, and the crew dined on deck, watching the sun set like a reverse goatse. One Aye got out the telescope and scanned the horizon for land like a hungry grammar nazi. Then she moved it to her good eye and immediately spotted a large object closing fast on the Cellaaarrr. Was it a bird? Was it a plane? A shark? A dolphin? No, it was a Intaaarrrnet Pirates!

lumberjim 09-18-2008 11:22 PM

aye, and iff ya like the SeaMonster's Intaaarrrnet Pirates, you'll love these beasties!

footfootfoot 09-19-2008 08:18 AM

:Dfucking cunt:D

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 08:19 AM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

DanaC 09-19-2008 08:36 AM

Harrrr! Shiver me oh so shivery timbers, sea dwellars, 'tis a fine an' blustery day o'th'high seas, fer sure. !9 days o'th'ninth month an'we're all shiverin' an'swabbin decks an' talkin like the salty seamen we are *waves crutch in the air and almost overbalances on wooden leg*

But it ain't all Jolly Roger, oh no! Piratin is a serious business, oh indeedy yes tis. An'there's always one drylanded urchin who can't bring hisself to do the job...

Ibby Ibbessen, son of Ibbessen Ibbessensen, tell us all, why don't ye lad, tell us all why the mainsail is hangin shoddier than a broken cannon?

classicman 09-19-2008 08:38 AM

OMG is that the new Rick Roll?

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 08:45 AM

I just heard some cow orkers doin' the ARRRRRRRRR.

I mentioned that the pres of Academic Senate should hold our meeting today in pirate. Someone mentioned they heard him say the very same thing this morning.

I love it!

monster 09-19-2008 09:13 AM

Aaaarrrr so ye walked me plank, did ye, Thrasher? :D

limey 09-19-2008 12:13 PM

Given that I live on Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrannnnnnn it was harrrrrrrrrrrrrd not to talk loik this todayrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cloud 09-19-2008 02:25 PM

we be ready to hit the tavern for GROG!

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 03:29 PM

Let me know how it goes, Cloud!

I bet no one at my bar will have a clue what I am talking about.

Elspode 09-19-2008 06:24 PM

Bite me crank, mateys.

wolf 09-19-2008 07:07 PM

Arrrr. I been stringin' me mateys up on the mizzenmast fer not palaverin' in pirate speech today, me hearties.

Or something.

Arrr.

I need a flagon of rum and a parrot.

DanaC 09-20-2008 09:50 AM

Wouldn't the parrot make the rum taste a bit musty?