The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things that don't creep you out, but should (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34070)

Griff 02-05-2019 06:32 AM

Things that don't creep you out, but should

I met with a new family yesterday. No details except this, the multi-family house was one of the worst I've seen structurally. I have dirtier homes I frequent (silver fish last week) but add in three more apartments and you're looking at bedbugs and cock roaches. So I bug sprayed before entering, didn't sit down, and stripped in the basement when I got home running all my clothes through a laundry cycle before the entered the house proper. Thing is none of it creeped me out but I do feel a bit sad for the family.

fargon 02-05-2019 08:02 AM

Maybe you have developed an immunity to it all.

Gravdigr 02-05-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

So I bug sprayed before entering, didn't sit down, and stripped in the basement when I got home running all my clothes through a laundry cycle before the entered the house proper.
That sounds you're plenty creeped out.:lol2:

Griff 02-05-2019 11:44 AM

Nope. Just a ritual to be observed, no skin crawling...
I just watched Geraldo’s Willowbrook expose’ again. I’m still capable of being creeped out apparently.

Undertoad 02-05-2019 04:27 PM

More Nods. The creep-out times at the pawn shop, when they involved other people -- something just stopped me from reacting. In my mind I needed to be respectful of the people and face them like a professional, even if they are utterly foul/sad/ridiculous, and even if the gig is just being their clerk or pawnbroker.

Hello, fellow human being. I am here for your specific needs. This is my opportunity to be respectful, and even kind if possible, even if only to show how I believe humans should be to each other.

It ain't nohow bragging. It's just how we should be. But I do know others who did not take this approach. The judgement of all of humanity is upon them.

Clodfobble 02-05-2019 08:48 PM

I was reminded just this morning how I can easily handle poop, pee, vomit, blood--in any combination, quantity, or situation--but phlegm triggers my gag reflex every. single. time. The rest, though, no biggie.

limey 02-06-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1025143)
I was reminded just this morning how I can easily handle poop, pee, vomit, blood--in any combination, quantity, or situation--but phlegm triggers my gag reflex every. single. time. The rest, though, no biggie.

First thing I read over breakfast. Thanks.

Sent by magick

Griff 02-06-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1025127)
In my mind I needed to be respectful of the people and face them like a professional, even if they are utterly foul/sad/ridiculous, and even if the gig is just being their clerk or pawnbroker.

Yeah, I think this it it. Just focusing on the job at hand and being decent can and should become automatic.
Quote:

If I didn't already know you're a mom, I could make a guess.

Gravdigr 02-06-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

...but phlegm triggers my gag reflex...

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1025155)
First thing I read over breakfast. Thanks.

I thought phlegm was an important part of a nutritious Scottish breakfast.

Or at least the pronunciation of a Scottish breakfast.

:stickpoke