The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Griff 08-03-2010 05:42 AM

That would've scorched mine.

Clodfobble 08-03-2010 10:46 AM

I bet you could contact U-Haul for a refund on the truck rental, at least.

thud85 08-03-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 674189)
I bet you could contact U-Haul for a refund on the truck rental, at least.

Yeah, they didn't charge me for the rental or gas used... but still for the mileage! Sunzabitches.

classicman 08-03-2010 01:09 PM

Well you got that last mile for free - right :eyebrow:

casimendocina 08-07-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 672546)
OMG did you have to mention Breaking the Waves?

Thanks. Not.

pat, pat, soothe, soothe. Did you want to talk about it?

xoxoxoBruce 08-07-2010 12:08 AM

I'm sure you could mollify him. ;)

casimendocina 08-09-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 675003)
I'm sure you could mollify him. ;)

Knew some of those recently bought tools for boatmaking would come in handy.

footfootfoot 10-31-2010 05:07 PM

I ordered a replacement marker light for my car because my inspection is up today and I went outside to install it and the fucker sent me the incorrect side. AFTER me telling him about 7 times "The drivers side, the left side" and he sends me the right side.

I also have been grooving on Scott Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag lately and just read a short bio of him on wikipedia and was saddened to learn he died of tertiary syphilis. That kind of bummed my stone.

So feel free to mollify at will.

HungLikeJesus 10-31-2010 05:53 PM

I thought there was a different thread for what's bumming your stone.

Do you have a rubber mallet? Maybe you can get that light to fit.

footfootfoot 10-31-2010 06:01 PM

A couple of tubes of lexel caulk ought to make it stick. I think there is a stone bumming thread.

glatt 10-31-2010 08:28 PM

I might have to testify against a guy who I saw smack his girlfriend hard today. Fucker did it right in front of a youth group that included my daughter while they were making sandwiches for the needy. I don't know how it's going to play out. The girlfriend doesn't want to press charges, because she is used to it, but the church called the cops and and I think the church wants to prosecute him for whatever they can. Maybe disturbing the peace?

footfootfoot 10-31-2010 09:24 PM

It seems to me that in some cases witnesses ought to be able to press charges. Especially in cases where dipshit guys hit girls.

glatt 11-01-2010 07:27 AM

You know, on some level, if she keeps going back to this guy, she is consenting to the way he is treating her, and if she's not going to press charges when she has two witnesses and an organization like a church community to back her up, who am I to step in? But once they bring that behavior out in front of innocent kids, it's not acceptable. My 8 year old son didn't need to see an adult, out of control, beating another adult. At church, for fuck's sake. Over sandwiches.

I slept poorly last night thinking about this. My kids who witnessed this are both OK. But it's still bugging me that they (and I) were exposed to that random pointless violence. At least the police were nice. It was kind of funny seeing the reverend going out to warmly great them in her blazing golden robe glittering in the sunlight as they pulled up in their cars. Surreal.

monster 11-01-2010 08:00 AM

Isn't it the case that the police can press charges without the victim's consent? because victimns are often the subjects of mental abuse as well as physical and can feel hopelessly trapped and too afraid to press charges in case it all falls apart. If there were witnesses, I would think it's likely that he could be convicted without her testimony, and then maybe she will have a real opportunity to make a break.

glatt 11-01-2010 08:15 AM

I honestly don't know. I filled out a statement, gave them my contact information, and haven't heard anything since. I don't even know if they arrested the guy. We had a busy day yesterday and needed to be off to the next event. I'll probably find out later today what's going to happen next. If anything.

One thing that has me a little nervous is that the guy has a record. He was actually in for assault before. I don't know his details, but it might be a three strikes kind of situation, and this event I witnessed might put him away for a long time. I don't want to be sending anyone to prison for a long time, but at the same time, he is an asshole who assaulted a woman in public in front of a bunch of kids.