The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

glatt 04-20-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 926280)
There are different louds. Clean Loud is good...

We inherited these kick ass speakers when FIL passed. And they sound best when the music is loud. And the music they sound best playing is classical.

Lately, I've been digging out his Also Sprach Zarathustra CD (which you probably remember from the movie 2001) and cranking that fucker right up. The speakers are so clean. It starts off silent, and a low deep rumble rises slowly in the background. You don't really notice that rumble unless you have the volume way up there. And then the horn comes in, real clean. And then the whole orchestra. BA-DUM! And the paint starts falling off the ceiling, but it's just amazing. And then it gets quiet again and repeats.

The kids loved it the first couple times I played that. I may need to ease off on the frequency so I don't ruin it.

Gravdigr 04-20-2015 04:48 PM

ELVIS!! Where's Elvis?! I hear the music! I know he's here! Somewhere! Where's ELVIIIIIIIS!?!

I just listened to that for like the thousandth time. That first crescendo still gives me chills.

Awesome piece of music.

glatt 04-21-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 926270)
I got a kick out of it and sent the link to my wife and kids. Strange can be good as long as it's not repulsive strange.

I now regret sending the link to my wife and kids. My son watched it too many times and is now singing it back to me all the time.

Whenever any of us puts something in the microwave he says "Don't use the microwave. Use the oven instead."

I've created a monster.

BigV 04-21-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 926177)
presented without comment

I'll comment.

I liked it!

But I'm never going to that barbershop, that's a bread-fuking fact.

Griff 04-22-2015 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 926227)
I made it 29 seconds.

Noped right the fuck on outta there, I did.

ETA: Not brought on by this particular tune, but, apparently, I no longer enjoy music.

Grim. I made it 39 seconds.

Gravdigr 04-22-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 926453)
...that's a bread-fuking fact.

A bread-fucking fact?! WTF?

:lol2:

Clodfobble 04-22-2015 06:02 PM

The song is called "Fuk Bread." I've been singing it around the house for days. :)

glatt 04-22-2015 08:45 PM

use the oven instead

Gravdigr 04-23-2015 03:57 PM

Won't that burn my penis?

BigV 04-23-2015 05:08 PM

Use more lube.

how do you think the little buns get in there in the first place??

DanaC 05-10-2015 04:35 AM

Ohhh - I found one of my all-time favourite albums on youtube! I used to have this on cd - and some of it was on my Yepp MP3 player (pre ipod). Underworld, Beaucoup Fish:

I think it stands up today.

One of my favourite tracks on that album was Shudder/King of Snake - but they did another version for the Everything, Everything tour - here it is live - one of the all-time club classics. When this kicks in fully it has an energy to it I've never experienced anywhere else. *

*admittedly I might be re-accessing E -based memories and sensations when I listen :P Listening to this I am seriously considering acceoting my bro's offer of a saunter into mushroom territory.

This album takes me back to '99. Hell of a year. Doors opening in all directions - the pipe company was doing well and we were getting brand recognition all over the place. My bro designed and with our help built a display stand for Glastonbury - it was awesome. Like something off a Doctor Who set. Massive, dark blue, with display cubbies inset and viewed through ship's portholes, back lit, with smoke pouring out around it.

We were flying high in every regard. Exciting times. Shot through with awesome drug and club experiences.

DanaC 05-10-2015 12:49 PM

My latest discovery. Love following random links and finding cool stuff.

xoxoxoBruce 05-10-2015 02:00 PM

Smooth...

Gravdigr 05-10-2015 02:08 PM

Needs more cowbell.

I noticed few of those Fendertones were playing Fenders...

DanaC 05-14-2015 05:42 AM

Love this woman's voice