The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weird News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16997)

glatt 10-28-2017 08:56 PM

Did you read about the asteroid from another solar system that somehow magically just flew through our system close enough to the sun to slingshot it away and off to other destinations at an even higher speed? First time that has been observed. Best story this week.

sexobon 10-28-2017 09:30 PM

I saw that a few days ago. Maybe it was asteroid B612 (a.k.a. asteroid 325).

Gravdigr 11-02-2017 03:22 PM

It was from outside our solar system. Never seen before, never be seen again.

sexobon 11-11-2017 07:28 PM

This one is trying to convince us that being in the country illegally is a gateway crime.

Quote:

Man in Court For Drug Charge Accidentally Drops Cocaine During Hearing: Police

A Colorado man who was in court for a felony drug charge got in more trouble when drugs allegedly fell out of his hat during the hearing, reports said.

Juan Jose Vidrio Bibriesca, 43, was in court on Wednesday standing next to two defendants when a wad of cocaine allegedly fell from his hat, the Associated Press reported.

Bibriesca was allegedly taking off his hat in front of the judge when a square, folded paper fell to the floor, reports said.

Police reviewed the surveillance footage and reportedly determined the cocaine inside of the paper had fallen from Bibriesca’s hat.

Bibriesca was walked over to the county jail and charged with narcotics possession and a bond violation.

Bibriesca was born in Mexico and is reportedly in the country illegally, reports said.

Gravdigr 11-13-2017 01:31 PM

Weird News? I got yer weird fucking news right here.

1 Attachment(s)
What in the double-dippin' fuck?:eyebrow:

Attachment 62363

Quote:

Misty Velvet Dawn Spann was 25 years old when she married her mother Patricia Spann, 42, in Sept. 2016, according to Oklahoma District Court records. Misty now faces a 10-year deferred sentence after pleading guilty to that incestual marriage, according to CBS affiliate KOTV in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The marriage was annulled six weeks later in the city of Duncan. Misty is now 26 years old.

Records show that the mother lost custody of her children -- who were adopted -- when they were little. KOTV writes that Patricia told investigators she and Misty "hit it off" when they were reconnected in 2014.

Records also state that Patricia thought the marriage was legal because her name was no longer on Misty's birth certificate.

KOTV points out that Patricia married her biological son in 2008, but that was annulled in 2010 after he called it "incestuous."

There is a trial set in January for Patricia. She's charged with incest.

Family members, including Misty's brother, spoke out about the controversial marriage to local media saying that she was pressured into the relationship.

"She forced my sister into this, there's a lot of people that know it," Cody Spann said. "For you to want to put your own daughter through this, what kind of person are you?"

glatt 11-13-2017 01:42 PM

Wait. Patricia married her biological son in 2008 and then married her adopted daughter in 2015?

I have less of a problem with the adopted daughter. What with the Woody Allen precedent. But both are still messed up. Seriously. Something is broken in this mother's head.

Clodfobble 11-13-2017 03:08 PM

The mom was 42 --> half her age plus seven equals 28... Nope, not okay.

Also the incest thing.

sexobon 11-13-2017 04:38 PM

Mother probably would have married both her children at the same time for a ménage à trois; but, you know, bigamy is illegal.

xoxoxoBruce 11-14-2017 06:12 PM

She could have moved to Utah. ;)

Gravdigr 11-25-2017 12:32 PM

:eek:

Lightning Sparks Mid-Air Nuclear Reaction in Never-Before-Seen Phenomenon

:eek:

Carruthers 12-08-2017 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Having spent ninety Great British minutes on a phone call to a financial institution this afternoon, and in need of a short respite from such things, I thought I'd have a look around a news website or two.
One story which caught my eye was an incident where West Midlands Fire Service had to release an 'internet prankster' who had cemented his head in a microwave oven. Yes, we've all done it, haven't we?

WMFS were understandably not amused by this demand on their time...

Attachment 62592

West Midlands Fire Twitter

Man 'cements microwave to head' in Wolverhampton

On YouTube the video requires you to sign in but it's available here at Huffington Press

FWIW the 'cement' involved wasn't of the bricklaying type, it was Polyfilla, a plaster based material used to close up cracks in internal walls and ceilings.

The well of human stupidity will never run dry.

Griff 12-08-2017 03:08 PM

The well is deep and quickly replenished.

xoxoxoBruce 12-08-2017 11:10 PM

He is sooo stupid, and sooo lucky he didn't die. :facepalm:

glatt 12-09-2017 05:27 AM

YouTube isn't doing the world any favors by hosting that video and rewarding the guy.

xoxoxoBruce 12-09-2017 06:54 AM

But they help kill off the really stupid ones and reward the buddy with the half a beer he's holding.