The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Adding insult to injury or Moving forward? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32429)

classicman 01-02-2017 09:17 AM

Thanks all. I'm not usually good with processing my emotions, or maybe I lie to myself, but I'm not really missing HER or wondering what she is doing. I realize I'm missing being in a relationship with someone who cares about me and wants to be with me more so than I am missing her specifically.
She changed since her beloved cat died almost a year ago. She always referred to him as the "love of her life". Ironic eh? She became more reclusive and introverted - distant. She's a beautiful person, but she just isn't in love with me anymore. I'm feeling much better than I think I would have anticipated.
Yesterday I had a total meltdown when I realized I would be seeing my other cat (her cat) anymore. Whenever I was there, he slept next to my head and nudged me frequently for love.
I'll post some happier stuff elsewhere, I promise.

footfootfoot 01-02-2017 12:54 PM

Just steal the cat.
She owes you.

limey 01-02-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 978253)
Sorry classic, Women are like that.

Nope. Some women are like that. Some men are like that. X

Sent by magic.

Pico and ME 01-02-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

I'm not usually good with processing my emotions, or maybe I lie to myself
Oh fuck, I know what you mean...I think it might be the cause of a lot of my anxiety.

Get a kitten. It will take your mind off a lot of things...:)

Gravdigr 01-02-2017 01:27 PM

Kitten, hell.

Get some strange.

That'll take your mind off her. For a minute.

classicman 01-02-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 978281)
Just steal the cat.
She owes you.

I wish I could. :'( Seriously, Missing him has been the hardest part of this. How fucked up is that?!?!?!?!??!?!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 978284)
Get a kitten. It will take your mind off a lot of things...:)

Looking to rescue a 5yr old. There are way too many kittens out there and the older ones need homes way more.

Gravdigr 01-02-2017 04:37 PM

"I miss the cat more than I miss her."

That's a sign.

:)

orthodoc 01-02-2017 04:37 PM

Great idea. So many adult cats need homes. Plus, they've been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, etc., by the shelter if not by their former owners. Not declawed, hopefully.

infinite monkey 01-02-2017 04:43 PM

Get the cat!!!

Sidenote: i watched The Three Lives of Thomasina yesterday. Sweet old movie. Made me miss my orange tabby Madison.

Flint 01-03-2017 01:20 PM

Sorry about the cat thing. I'm sorry that you got more emotional validation from the cat than from the person, and that you are now missing the cat. And I'm sorry that the cat thing is even a thing. You know what I mean, I hope.

Gravdigr 01-03-2017 01:40 PM

I wonder if he misses the pussy as much as he misses the pussy...

DanaC 01-03-2017 03:17 PM

Ah damn, Classic, that is a sucky way to end 2016. Well done for recognising the situation you were in and taking control. People can waste a lot of years just getting by with something that isn't making them happy.

You deserve someone who is as into you as you are into them.

BigV 01-03-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 978174)
Well, I'm easy, but, I ain't cheap.:jig:

Well, I'm easy *and* cheap, but I'm taken.:hugnkiss:

classicman 01-03-2017 11:08 PM

Funny how you guys always know how to make me smile.Thanks for that.

lumberjim 01-04-2017 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 978424)
I wonder if he misses the pussy as much as he misses the pussy...

I am late reading this thread, but glad to see someone made my joke for me. Good job, digr.

Apathy is a bitch. Glad you had the self respect to confront it. She is out there. You will find her.

Of this I am sure. You don't even have to search. Just be you, and pay attention.

Sides, you've got bigger fish to fry right now.