The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

zippyt 11-22-2008 12:56 AM

Jim Says I Haz a Feets Fetcious ,
I dont care , this is GOOOOOD !

Flint 11-22-2008 10:38 AM

Mingo Fishtrap . . . who knew these were white guys?!

lumberjim 11-22-2008 11:22 AM

this might already be in this thread, but 587 posts is too many to review to make sure. Anyway.....

This is Wicked Game. Maybe the sexiest video evar. Chris Isaacs and Adriana Lima rolling around in the surf pretending to be into each other.

lumberjim 11-22-2008 11:32 AM

Personal Jesus

covered by the late Mr Johnny Cash

It's a non video, but i love the picture. great version of the song. He draws the Rs in some of the words out almost awkwardly, but it works.

oh, it's a fucking toe tapper too, so get your big shoes on first!

DanaC 12-23-2008 01:25 PM

I have been revisiting the 90s, musically speaking :)

from the elder statesmen of British dance:
Afro Left, by Leftfield

DanaC 12-24-2008 03:49 AM

I'm loving this new Youtube embedding style. being able to search the collection without having to go to the site is much better.

DanaC 12-24-2008 03:56 AM

Leftfield did a song called Phat Drummer (I think) which was used in one of the best adverts ever. Here's the advert, for Guiness:

The full track (that's just the intro) is second on the menu. Well worth a listen, but has to be loud to be appreciated fully *grins*

Sundae 12-24-2008 02:08 PM

Oh ba. Still raises the hairs on my forearms.

Jacquelita 12-31-2008 06:41 PM

I found this searching for something else - Not that I typically go for the oldies - but this just has a timeless classic vibe

Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee "Nice Work if you can get it"

warch 01-14-2009 05:28 PM

Michael Franti and Spearhead Say Hey to make you happy...will in embed work?!

denied. linky no hottie. why am I densest? help for me?

Wickedly_Tasteful 01-14-2009 05:52 PM

Undertoad 01-14-2009 06:07 PM

warch you have spaces inside your youtube vbcodes. I fix. WT we can't embed that way, instructions on how to put in youtube videos are here

warch 01-14-2009 06:40 PM

(nodding, shaking clenched fist and gritted teeth...)

space!

thanks fav toad.

DanaC 01-25-2009 06:58 AM

This what I am listening to right now:

Both from BSG soundtrack. Totally different feel to the other I posted last week.

The Dance. A proper dance. Jig style, lots of Irish influence. (I think...I don't know enough about musical forms to be sure ;p)

Fight night. Military beats, celtic fringe and wailing pipes.

Sundae 01-25-2009 10:34 AM

I love this song, but this YouTuber hasn't faithfully transcribed the lyrics.
Meh - you probably won't notice on one hearing.

It's not a video (album track) so just keep the window open as you do something else.

FTR - this was my marriage break-up song. I had the album (Firecracker) in my car and used to drive the roads of Bucks, singing and crying and trying to work out what the hell I was doing. Still, if you have to do it, the scenery and the soundtrack are as good as any to do it to.

And the line which I still sing sometimes to myself is, "And I'm barely balancing as it is, and I don't want to drown in my dreams" which I think is a lovely fusion of tune and voice and words.