The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What makes liberals so damn stupid? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21500)

monkeytaco 11-26-2009 02:38 PM

What makes liberals so damn stupid?

Why do liberals believe global warming exists?

Why do liberals think we should never go to war even when we should?

Why do liberals hate the oil industry?

Why are liberals mindless slaves to the unions?

Why liberals always railing for big government spending?

Why do liberals want us to spend money on every social program but hate spending money on defense?

Why do liberals (far lefties) believe religion is a horrible thing that must be eliminated?

Why do liberals always harken back to the good ole days of Clinton when he ruined the office of the president with the Lewensky scandal?

Cloud 11-26-2009 03:58 PM

since she's banned, I think this thread should be deleted. She can read responses, after all, and that would still be feeding her.

Urbane Guerrilla 11-27-2009 10:51 PM

Despite her rawness, she is asking questions that should either be fully answered... or made unnecessary to answer by conversion towards, if not fully to, the right. Whether or not she thought the q's up all by her little ole self.

These are values-questions that trouble the conservatives about the liberals. And we keep seeing "liberals" whose chiefest characteristic is their trying to live without values of any kind at all.

I am not fully convinced there are very many wise socalled liberals. I am much persuaded of an excess of illiberality in their minds also.

Aliantha 11-27-2009 11:29 PM

This is just for you UG. ;)

Why do conservatives believe it too? Oh I know, because there's fairly clear evidence to suggest it's true.

We don't think we should never go to war.

We don't hate the oil industry.

We are not mindless slaves to the unions. In fact, some union activity is wrong, but most serve the purpose of protecting the little man from ruthless employers.

I don't think they are.

Why do liberals want us to spend money on every social program but hate spending money on defense?
I don't think that's a reasonable question. I believe it's the reasons for war as opposed to caring for your own people that liberals are questioning.

Why do liberals (far lefties) believe religion is a horrible thing that must be eliminated?
Stereotyping much?

Why do liberals always harken back to the good ole days of Clinton when he ruined the office of the president with the Lewensky scandal?
Actually, I thought he brightened up US politics immensely with his antics.

regular.joe 11-28-2009 12:28 AM

I'm not convinced that Emma is who she said she is. If she is who she says she is, I'm not convinced that Emma herself espoused the American conservative rhetoric she put out on this forum. I don't think there was any weight of personal belief and conviction behind any of her posts. As such, I don't think her posts can really be taken seriously.

Urbane Guerrilla 11-28-2009 12:52 AM

Ali, the responses that aren't incorrect are very very thin. "I don't think they are"????

In the United States these days, there are 1.2 trillion with a T reasons to think exactly that. That isn't the Federal budget. That is the projected (if this goes on...) annual Federal deficit. Such money mismanagement is absofuckinlutely ridiculous, and the politician voting for it no less so. I suppose I'll return to gripe at your other responses in detail, but I'm going to let my enthusiasm for the subject build back up first.

Clinton's antics made me so tired I remember wincing at seeing a freeway sign for Santa Monica. And that is tired. The White House got respectable again the day after the Clintonistas, some few of whom could not pass a Federal background check on their suitability for Federal appointments or work, left it.

Aliantha 11-28-2009 01:51 AM

you really don't have to UG. ;) I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you'll say. lol

My point was really that there's not much point in lumping all liberals in together and accusing them of all thinking exactly the same. I think there are many many different liberal thoughts in the world and it's a shame that some people think liberal minded people are spineless, godless no-nothings when many of liberal minded people are very strong, spiritual and wise.

Sundae 11-28-2009 05:18 AM

She won't be back Joe.
If you look around you will see her username on just about every forum out there.
Although she's only been suspended, not banned, she has much better people to torture.

I'm answering because I like quizzes :)

Because of the evidence.

Who decides we should though? War is hell, I prefer diplomacy.

I don't.

I'm not, but I prefer to have the protection of a union behind me. I was once summarily dismissed and simply given 30 days salary (it was not a case of misconduct on my part). It was technically illegal but I had no way of redressing it as I had to get out and get another job pronto. I had bills to meet, shopping to do etc. I was thrown into complete panic. I prefer to have someone with a bit more power behind me.

I'm not. See below.

I don't mind money being spent on real defence. I just dislike it being spent on attack. And I believe social programmes prevent future spending - on children being taken into care, on crime, on drug rehabilitation, on terrorism.

Because I am an atheist and to me it's as stupid as global warming seems to anyone asking that question.

I don't. But I agree with Ali, we like a bit of scandal on the foreign politcs pages. Long live Silvio Berlusconi (hardly a Liberal)

DanaC 11-28-2009 05:25 AM

Incidentally, my best friend J, who makes me look positively right wing, doesn't buy into the whole global warming thing.

And the vicar I work with from time to time in my ward is extremely left-wing and very devout.

ZenGum 11-28-2009 05:33 PM

If these threads don't die soon we're going to have to call in an exorcist.

SamIam 11-28-2009 06:45 PM

Please see: http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21080 ;)

Elspode 11-28-2009 09:57 PM

Have Conservatives Stopped Beating Their Wives?

Makes as much sense.