The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weird News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16997)

BigV 05-19-2017 12:03 AM

OR

Put out?

sexobon 06-15-2017 10:23 PM

I was perusing the MSN homepage for news stories and an article about the military organization I served in shows up. It originally comes from Business Insider. It looks like it could be a recruiting vehicle; but, doesn't say it's sponsored or a paid advertisement. The military has been complaining about being stretched too thin and I'm wondering if this article was somehow finagled.

Many articles about my old organization have been written before; but, the timing is awkward and writing suspicious on this one. It certainly struck me as weird to find it in with the news articles. See what you think:

Why Green Berets are the smartest, most lethal fighters in the world

xoxoxoBruce 06-16-2017 12:01 AM

It's certainly a complimentary fluff piece, possibly the Army wanted it because all the press the SEALs have been getting the last couple years.
But I doubt they had to pay him just ask a favor, with all his military connections through Duffel Blog and wtf,over.
On the other hand he may be a crook, you know, living in San Clemente and all. ;)

sexobon 06-16-2017 04:53 PM

:jail:

Quote:

Man Gets Home Confinement After Robbing Bank to Get Away from Wife

Lawrence John Ripple, who wanted to go to prison to get away from his wife, has instead been sentenced to six months home confinement and 50 hours of community service for bank robbery on Tuesday, said federal prosecutors.

The 71-year-old Ripple pleaded guilty to one count of bank robbery in January, and originally faced 37 months in prison.

LawNewz.com readers might remember his name. We previously wrote about him and the Sept. 2., 2016, robbery. The FBI said he walked into a bank, and gave the teller a note: “I have a gun give me your cash.” Ripple got $2,924 for the effort, but instead of running, he stayed, and gave himself up to authorities.

Why did the would-be bank robber do it? FBI Special Agent Eric Beltz said that Ripple told investigators his motive: the Ripple marriage hit a rough spot.

“During the post Miranda interview, Ripple relayed that he and his wife had an argument at home and Ripple no longer wanted to be in the situation. Ripple wrote out his demand note in front of his wife Remedios Ripple and told her he’d rather be in jail than at home. Ripple then walked to the bank and robbed it.”

Gravdigr 07-22-2017 04:26 PM

Remember the video of the Hummvees freefalling out of the sky?

Soldier charged in Humvees’ free-fall

Gravdigr 07-31-2017 02:19 PM

John Popper From Blues Traveler Will Not Stop Posting Aerial Pictures of My House

glatt 08-04-2017 07:15 AM

At least these assholes are keeping it in one thread.

xoxoxoBruce 08-04-2017 08:27 AM

Remember when you agreed to take the mod job you said you wouldn't be able to be on that much, mostly on weekends? :lol2:
Of course technology marches on, then comes the growing creep of time consumed, and the feeling of obligation to check just to make sure.

You're doing a good job, thank you. :notworthy

Gravdigr 08-04-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 993414)
You're doing a good job, thank you. :notworthy

Quoted for truth.:notworthy

glatt 08-04-2017 01:33 PM

Hey. No big deal. It's not much work. I'm just offended that they would sully the cellar.

Gravdigr 08-17-2017 01:04 PM

Your Oddly Entertaining Weird News Item Of The Day

So...

The gay, female-identifying, 24-year old male stripper accuses his 67-year old partner (yep, sexual relationship) of being a cannibal. 67-year old Honey-Bunch pulls a gun, it goes off. Of course it hits no one. The stripper then stabs Honey-Bunch in both eyes with a pen. Not satisfied that Honey-Bunch knows he's crossed a line, Boy Toy then grabs a piece of wood, jams it down Honey-Bunch's throat, and then, just to drive his point home...stomps the piece of wood even further down the man's throat.

Boy Toy then grabbed a backpack, stole some money and escaped out a window. Naked.

The bright side to all this?

It's the first time in six years Honey-Bunch got wood without taking a little blue pill.

:drummer:

Link

Gravdigr 08-17-2017 01:05 PM

I think that could be a David Lynch movie.

Gravdigr 08-24-2017 02:35 PM

How do you thank the firefighters who saved eighteen of your piglets, and two sows, from the blaze?

Sausages. Made from the pigs you saved.

:mad:

Happy Monkey 08-24-2017 03:04 PM

Excellent comment from that article:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald
Out of the fire, into the frying pan?

Gravdigr 08-25-2017 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 61611

Hummer with casket on roof leads police on high speed chase