The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Big Rich Texas (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27282)

monster 05-01-2012 11:09 PM

Big Rich Texas

'Scuse me but WTF is this? I don't watch TV (and I think this maybe reaffirms my faith that I'm following the right path), but someone mentioned it on Facebook, so I looked it up.... Full episodes are not available, but I've watched a few 2 minute bursts and I just don't get it. Are these really real people? It's more staged than Annie. I shudder to think what a full hour-long episode would be like... and why would anyone want to watch it? Please enlighten me if you have any idea what I'm talking about.....

Gravdigr 05-02-2012 02:41 PM

I assume it's a tv show called Big, Rich Texas?

If it's your typical reality show, I agree with you and I ain't even seen it, or heard of it.

infinite monkey 05-02-2012 03:12 PM

I saw this earlier and forgot about it.

I googled it and saw it's a reality show. 'Nuff said.

I'll admit to watching Survivor, a leftover from the days I only had the one channel, when I couldn't afford cable and they hadn't switched to all digital yet. I used to watch the Amazing Race sometimes too.

Some have their niche: like the Idols and the Dancing, not my cup of tea but I can see why someone might like them.

But when I see the words: rich, socialite, reality, chic, and "exclusive world of Dallas' elite-and entertaining-social scene" all just from a google search without even clicking on the link...my question is WHY? Not just why, but why the fucking fuck why?

I don't get what passes for entertainment. Screaming and snarling and scratching and acting like general low class hoowers isn't entertainment in my book. It certainly isn't anything even close to 'reality' and frankly, it's the end-all be-all to the dumbing down of america.

infinite monkey 05-02-2012 03:22 PM

Oh, and also I saw that they're re-doing Dallas. It said so on the sneak previews when I went to the movies. Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Charlene Tilton...they're all coming back to the show. It's going to be on TNT. I have no idea what this "MyStyle" channel is but mebbe it's somehow related to TNT and it's a whole tie-in. Or maybe it's just that they think we all want to be vapid rich people living in TX.

I never watched Dallas then so I won't now either.

Clodfobble 05-02-2012 06:15 PM

Think of it as "Toddlers and Tiaras: All Grown Up."

The people on the show may come off as awkward and staged (I haven't seen it myself,) but I can tell you that the debutante scene in Dallas is very real, and I'm sure the show is probably pretty accurate on that front.

monster 05-02-2012 09:23 PM

oh no, it's far worse than toddler and tiaras. I think I had nightmares about it last night, but my subconscious has already blocked them out. :eek:

Gravdigr 05-03-2012 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Re: Remaking "Dallas":

Remember hot little 'Lucy Ewing'?

Then and now:
Attachment 38587Attachment 38588

'Sall I'm sayin'.

tw 05-03-2012 08:54 PM

That's Rich. Just what we need. More Big Taxes.