The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

limey 03-06-2013 02:56 AM

Oh no! How sad for you all, Jim :(

DanaC 03-06-2013 04:27 AM

Oh Jim, that's horrible.

Griff 03-06-2013 05:34 AM

Sorry man.

Chocolatl 03-06-2013 06:45 AM

Sorry Jim. :(

Trilby 03-06-2013 08:07 AM

i have to stop reading this thread.

choco---I am so sorry about your mom and I hope it's nothing serious.
Chris----I can't imagine the worry and pain you're going thru. And your son is going thru.
and Jim---the combination of seeing your kids twice a week and a terminally sick pet is just...heartbreaking.

There is no such thing as gravity. The earth just sucks.

BigV 03-06-2013 10:36 AM

jim, that's very sad. inevitable of course, our pets die, sadly. *you* know there's a silver lining, being able to support your kids, in your way, at this time when they need their Dad. sorry for your family's loss.

IamSam 03-06-2013 11:49 AM

So sorry to read that, Jim. I can't imagine how hard it must be to want to comfort your kids while only getting to see them twice a week.

That sucks.

orthodoc 03-06-2013 12:06 PM

Sorry to hear that, Jim. It's heartbreaking from every angle.
Chris, I'm sorry your son is going through this. I hope he finds the combination of treatment and support that works for him.
Choco, any further word on your Mom?

Chocolatl 03-06-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 855699)
Choco, any further word on your Mom?

She said she has an appointment tomorrow to go over her results. I'll try to post once I hear what's going on. Thanks again, everyone, for your concern and good wishes.

monster 03-06-2013 10:23 PM

sorry Jim :(

jimhelm 03-07-2013 10:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks, y'all.

I missed seeing Ripley yesterday because the forecast called for snow all day.... which never even happened.... and they had to go have Spike put down.

remember this pic?

Attachment 43109

He was the bad cat. He'd pull the trash over, throw the litter around, whine incessantly for food.... maybe he was edgy his whole life because there was something wrong inside.

this is the one where he looks sick:

Attachment 43110

I'd gotten over missing the cats. When I said I see my kids twice a week, I was actually saying that I see them relatively often compared to most non custodial parents. Most divorced dads get the kids every other weekend. But I NEVER get to visit my cats. I tried once to meet Dennis again, but he was too freaked out about being outside to recognize me. It's not like I can go up to his place and hang with him.

I remember how fucked up I was when Bunyip had to be put down, and then Bonzai a year later. They were 15 & 16. You expect that. 4 or 5 years from a pure bred cat from a breeder, though. I wonder if Shelby will be contacting the breeder.

footfootfoot 03-07-2013 10:46 AM

That is so sad, Jim. He's so shrivelled up. My wife had a cat that lived to 23 and he looked like that at the end.

The first picture is great. Never eat anything bigger than your head.

orthodoc 03-07-2013 10:48 AM

He does look sick, there. I'm so sorry, Jim. I hope someone contacts the breeder; that's just too young. A responsible breeder would do some investigating and then remove the affected bloodline from his or her breeding program. Unfortunately those breeders seem to be in the minority. So sorry :(

limey 03-07-2013 10:56 AM

Jim, I am so sorry. It's never easy, parting with a pet, and you've had to lose Dennis twice, in a way, in a relatively short time. Hugs to you all.

Nirvana 03-07-2013 11:01 AM

yeah WSS

Sorry about Spike I loved seeing his photos. Isn't he the one that walked the ceiling beam? RIP Spike

just because it's purebred doesn't mean the breeder is doing anything but mindlessly putting one with the other. My Persian had poly cystic kidney disease in defense of her breeder they did not have a genetic marker then. They do now. Cancer is an odd diagnosis in a young animal.