The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's for Dinner? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6848)

Griff 09-24-2004 04:30 PM

What's for Dinner?

I'm making pork chops. Brown them in the skillet hit them with black pepper then dump a can of mushroom soup +water over them and slow cook for a couple hours. Serve with baked potatoes and use that gravy!

Clodfobble 09-24-2004 07:26 PM

I made fried-egg-tomato-and-cheese sandwiches. My husband's sick and he said it was the one thing that didn't make him nauseous just thinking about it.

perth 09-24-2004 07:50 PM

Quesadillas. Quick, easy, and a good base preparing myself for a night of drunken debauchery on the town. :)

wolf 09-24-2004 08:33 PM

Toasted Cheese and Bacon Sandwich, on Pumpernickel. With leftover coleslaw and a handful of cashews.

Tea for afters.

BrianR 09-25-2004 09:46 AM

Pizza Hut pizza for two, half and half, Pepsi and cheese breadsticks on the side.

Clodfobble 09-25-2004 10:58 AM

Pizza Hut pizza for two, half and half, Pepsi and cheese breadsticks on the side.

OHHHH... the pizza had half one kind of topping and half another! That's much better than drinking half-and-half with your dinner... :vomit:

Cyber Wolf 09-25-2004 01:12 PM

Chinese! BBQ spare ribs and beef fried rice. Orange Capri Sun to wash it all down.

jane_says 09-25-2004 02:03 PM

I'm not sure yet. We had Chinese takeout night before last, and there's shrimp with garlic sauce and eggrolls left. Last night we had take-out pizza (so sue me! It's been a rough week and I've been tired every night). As I speak, the other half is eating honey-roasted turkey breast and dangerously sharp cheddar on potato rolls, and I'm drinking Cape Cods by the gallon. The kids are gone with their grandparents to the fall festival at school, and spending the night with them tonight. So I'm not cooking today either.

Vodka and cranberry juice. It's what's for dinner.

Griff 09-25-2004 04:26 PM

Halupke and margaritas :D

alphageek31337 09-25-2004 10:20 PM

green peppers and scrambled eggs, fried together in olive oil, between two thick slices of breadworks tuscan loaf...that's all you need

oh, and a vodka martini with a lemon wedge as an apertif, one up with no garnish with the meal, and one on the rocks with olive garnish as a digestif

Chewbaccus 09-27-2004 02:07 PM

Cafeteria chicken patty sandwich and/or cheeseburger, fries, pizza, Diet Pepsi. The chicken/burger is the default, every so often they make an attempt at real food that I eat for the novelty of it.

I've been on a crusade to get them to change the menu listing over the Italian section to just read "egg noodles" and "ketchup". What they call veal parmigiana? One of those On-Cor Redi-Serve pre-cooked veal patties with some white cheese, sause, and parsley on top. I couldn't have made that up if I tried.

Dagney 09-27-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Halupke and margaritas :D

Okay...I have to ask...what are Halupke?

Griff 09-27-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagney
Okay...I have to ask...what are Halupke?

Polish food, I think. Hamburger, pork, nnstuff wrapped in cabbage cooked in tomato sauce. Pete snuck a little hot sausage in the meat. Its much better than it reads.

jane_says 09-27-2004 06:47 PM

I make a completely Americanized version of that with ground beef, rice, tomato sauce and spices rolled up into cabbage leaves. It's everyone's favorite at my house and I make it about twice a month evne though it's kind of time-consuming. I usually make two big pans of it at a time and freeze one. Week before last I made it when the inlaws came over, with parslied potatoes, sauteed zucchini and onions, yeast rolls and banana pudding. I'm still about to suffocate. My seven-year-old daughter ate three (!) in one sitting.

Now I'm jonesing for cabbage rolls. :D

Dagney 09-27-2004 06:49 PM

Oooh we call those Polutchkis

And i make a huge pan of them every November....you're welcome to come up Jane :)