The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chilling (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34813)

Griff 01-15-2020 08:34 AM

Chilling

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...hey-story.html

Records: Connecticut congressional candidate Robert F. Hyde had U.S. ambassador to Ukraine under ‘physical surveillance'

“Mr. Hyde … sent a series of text messages suggesting that he had Ambassador Yovanovitch under physical surveillance in Kyiv and that ‘They are willing to help if we/you would like a price,’ ” according to a letter sent by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam B. Schiff.

Griff 01-17-2020 06:58 AM

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...ni-And-Ukraine

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2020 01:57 PM

Business as usual, a slide starting with Reagan. :(

Luce 01-18-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1044911)
Business as usual, a slide starting with Reagan. :(

You misspelled "Nixon". His Southern Strategy was the beginning of all of this.

xoxoxoBruce 01-18-2020 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're right, 59 years ago today Ike said...

Quote:

As we peer into society’s future, we – you and I, and our government – must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering for our own ease and convenience the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow.

Griff 01-23-2020 03:11 PM

I don't believe Reagan and Bush 1-2 were anti-American. I believe they had different ideological visions for the country. Bush 2 most obviously fell for the neo-con nonsense. The current occupant's corruption is not ideological. Ideology is how he keeps his believers in line but his corruption is personal and against the interest of the United States.

Emphasis: I believe Reagan loved this country.

fargon 01-23-2020 03:19 PM

"Emphasis: I believe Reagan loved this country." Griff
And So do I. I did exceptionally well during the Reagan years.

xoxoxoBruce 02-14-2020 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Watch this man, he's stealing democracy...

xoxoxoBruce 02-14-2020 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nixon's Southern Strategy was promoting racism, Reagan's strategy was pushing down the organization of the working men so robber barons could make a comeback in control of the government as well as commerce and industry.

Urbane Guerrilla 02-23-2020 04:41 PM

Mind you, the stock market is over 29000 regularly -- Wall Street's happy times are not confined to Wall Street alone. That's a spiral up, except among those with a superstitious objection to seeing it. Or who simply cannot do stocks or 401k's through an incapacity or an inanition.

Anti-wealth is anti-liberty, and hence suxxors moistly maximally. I don't do it.

And what's a Parscale, ironically?

Not so ironically, it is manifest, and blatantly so, that Donald J. Trump loves America much more than his so-snotty fanatic detractors do. They superstitiously object to him thinking like that. They disapprove of loving the free Republic. That leaves them susceptible to fascism and other Godwin's Law syndromes. Happily, I do not suffer from these. (I don't even enjoy them.)

Luce 02-24-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1047154)
Not so ironically, it is manifest, and blatantly so, that Donald J. Trump loves America much more than his so-snotty fanatic detractors do.

Trump loves America in the same way John Dillinger loved banks.

Urbane Guerrilla 02-24-2020 04:21 PM

No.

People I distrust say so, though.

Could anyone make a believable case for, hmm, successfully grafting, grifting and looting about somebody whose net worth has dropped by over a billion while he's not tending his hotel and real estate business, roughly halving it? I don't think so.

Fanatic detractors are prejudiced, and the prejudiced are dullards. I'm the soul of unprejudiced. When you're Left, you can't be right. Or you would become non-Left. Which would free your mind.

Believe me, that's a prospect that's about as good as good sex. Lasts a while longer into the bargain. It beats the life of discontent you are living now.

Happy Monkey 02-24-2020 05:02 PM

Is there a believable case for his net worth ever being a billion, let alone two?

xoxoxoBruce 02-25-2020 01:16 AM

If the millions he got from Dad was in the bank he'd have a billion by now, just the taxes he didn't pay through fraud would add up to a hundred million. We in the Northeast have had a front row seat to this scumbag fucking people over in NY and NJ for a very long time. Just following the court cases is revolting.
He's the male Leona Helmsley.

Luce 02-25-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1047230)
I'm the soul of unprejudiced. When you're Left, you can't be right.

This almost qualifies as Zen.