The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do you wash your belt? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32724)

lumberjim 04-13-2017 09:49 AM

Do you wash your belt?

Ever?

I never thought to do it. I was taught to wash my hands after I poop. Even heard people say, don't touch the bathroom doorknob as you leave the bathroom. They don't teach belt washing though.

And it's the first thing you touch after you're done wiping, isn't it? THEN you wash your hands. and go about your day with poop molecules clinging to your belt buckle.... and then your belt gets hung up with the other belts at night. Your pants and drawers get washed... but that belt.... it's just hanging there waiting for you to use it again. and again and again.

So this proves that you don't really need to wash your hands after you crap.

xoxoxoBruce 04-13-2017 10:39 AM

I pull up my pants before touching my belt which transfers the poop molecules to the top of the pants.

Then I cinch the belt over the poop moleculed fabric. :haha:

Flint 04-13-2017 11:29 AM

I used to have an elaborate theory of where poo particles are being deposited. But then I don't cared.

monster 04-13-2017 11:59 AM

Ooh me! me! I get to be special! I don't wear a belt! There is no option for meeeeeeeee......

Gravdigr 04-13-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 986760)
...and then your belt gets hung up with the other belts at night...

:eyebrow:

sexobon 04-13-2017 07:54 PM

People sometimes ingest harmful organisms that can make them sick. Whether that contamination actually does makes them sick or not, some live organisms may pass through the digestive system and be excreted. Peoples hands can become contaminated with those live organisms while wiping. They may contaminate their food when they handle it and subsequently reintroduce the organism into their system when they eat it. Hand washing helps prevent the fecal-oral route of contamination from occurring.

If you handle your belt before washing your hands, you should be safe as long as you don't use your belt as an eating utensil. If you wash your hands and then handle your belt again, wash your hands again. Any harmful organisms that may have been transferred to the belt will eventually die off. You probably don't need to wash a belt unless it develops an odor; however, as a matter of esthetics, belt fiber dingleberries are not a positive fashion statement.

Pico and ME 04-13-2017 08:54 PM

This post made me giggle, not 2 weeks ago did the same thing occur to me, but only because the chemo impairs my immune system.

Made wonder, too....What about our phones? Phones have replaced the newspaper for reading material in the loo. Now I have to start thinking about using disenfectant wipes on mine.

xoxoxoBruce 04-14-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 986820)
They may contaminate their food when they handle it and subsequently reintroduce the organism into their system when they eat it. Hand washing helps prevent the fecal-oral route of contamination from occurring.

Pass through me once, shame on you.
Pass through again, shame on me. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 986827)
Made wonder, too....What about our phones? Phones have replaced the newspaper for reading material in the loo. Now I have to start thinking about using disenfectant wipes on mine.

Yup, I was reading not too long ago that those paper toilet seat covers a strictly physiological. Actually public toilet seats are pretty clean compared to some other things and phones were one of the worst. :eek3:

Gravdigr 04-14-2017 06:40 AM

Don't wipe your phone with your doctor's tie.

captainhook455 04-14-2017 10:28 AM

I hear that in Texas they use the toilet covers as free cowboy hats.
I think I should start using suspenders as my belt doesn't keep my pants from sliding down my belly. If it wasn't for my humongous pecker they would fall off while walking.

Should I wash my suspenders? Probably not. I don't poop. This is why I am so mean.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk

lumberjim 04-14-2017 12:23 PM

Lol. Poop your hate

monster 04-15-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 986827)
This post made me giggle, not 2 weeks ago did the same thing occur to me, but only because the chemo impairs my immune system.

oooor... don't use it on the bog, that's gross

Gravdigr 04-16-2017 03:39 AM

This thread reminds me of a joke:

What do the starship Enterprise and toilet paper have in common?

They both circle Uranus looking for Klingons.

Yeah, I know.

monster 04-16-2017 08:52 AM

A woman tells her husband she wants bigger breasts. He says, "why don't you just rub a piece of toilet paper between them?"

She responds, "that will work?"

He says, "it worked for your ass."

Dude111 04-20-2017 05:31 PM

Hmmmm I dont wear a belt so NO I dont..... (Ah man!!)