The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29481)

footfootfoot 10-04-2013 08:00 PM

Does the hunter have a license and are squirrels in season or seasoning?

orthodoc 10-04-2013 08:43 PM

Not all prescriptions are controlled substances, although Person A isn't likely to find much of a market for Amoxil or Keflex.

If the hunter has a license, it isn't a crime, but it sounds like Person A doesn't have a license. Big trouble. The squirrel, on the other hand, is in trouble if caught with the acorn. Consuming the acorn isn't illegal, but possessing it is.

lumberjim 10-04-2013 10:34 PM

If you're caught buying viagara, the cops can make it pretty hard for you. Used to be a short sentence, but it's getting longer. The law is quite firm about this.

sexobon 10-04-2013 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 878724)
If you're caught buying viagara, the cops can make it pretty hard for you. Used to be a short sentence, but it's getting longer. The law is quite firm about this.

OMG, the same thing can happen if you try to buy vergara!

Attachment 45585

monster 10-04-2013 11:46 PM

I think Football is what's holding America back from going metric Games take forever in yards, it'd be almost 10% longer in meters. And the 45.72 Meter Line doesn't have the same ring to it.

sexobon 10-05-2013 12:18 AM

Baseball is a silly game. A pitcher throws a ball towards a batter. Does the pitcher want the batter to hit the ball? No! So why does he throw it in the first place?

Clodfobble 10-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc
Not all prescriptions are controlled substances, although Person A isn't likely to find much of a market for Amoxil or Keflex.

There is also the civil crime of insurance fraud, if you sell a prescription that your insurance bought for you.

I may or may not have been on the buying end of a similar type of transaction before. As the substance being hypothetically purchased could also be purchased without a prescription--just at exorbitant rates--I may have decided that I had no legal culpability as long as I didn't ask too many questions, and kept my nose out of any ethical quarrels between the seller and their insurance company.

sexobon 10-06-2013 02:19 AM

Not to mention that you hypothetically probably didn't pay sales tax. :eyebrow:

Clodfobble 10-06-2013 11:55 AM

It was hypothetically classified as a food item, no tax levied. Also, it was hypothetically purchased across state lines, so again no sales tax.

sexobon 10-06-2013 12:19 PM

The Ranger assigned to your case has confirmed this; but, some day you'll slip up and they'll be there.

Gravdigr 10-06-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 878704)
Not all prescriptions are controlled substances...

Why are they prescribed then, instead of being available otc?

Why do I have to pay a middle man a hundred damn dollars to write me a prescription for 'not a controlled substance'.

If you drive down the road with ANY prescription pills not in their proper container, [and get stopped by the popo] you will go to jail.

If I can't walk into Wally World and buy it without a prescription, that is a controlled substance. In circumstance, if not on an official list.

A prescription drug may not be a narcotic, or a recreational drug, but I still think that it would be a controlled substance.

Then again, I'm not a doctor. Or a cop.

Griff 10-06-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 878976)

Why do I have to pay a middle man a hundred damn dollars to write me a prescription for 'not a controlled substance'.

Because government and industry collude to take advantage of you.

Lamplighter 10-06-2013 03:13 PM

... or because you haven't yet signed up for Obamacare. :rolleyes:

sexobon 10-06-2013 10:05 PM

While viewing the Main index, alongside Current Events it read:

shot dead in DC
by Aliantha

and I thought ... I didn't know she was visiting.

orthodoc 10-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 878976)

A prescription drug may not be a narcotic, or a recreational drug, but I still think that it would be a controlled substance.

I was referring to the DEA classification of controlled drugs, Schedules 1 through 5. Other prescription drugs are restricted in that they need a prescription, but aren't tracked in the same way.