The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

ZenGum 02-26-2011 06:49 AM

Soon, Sundae. Real job. Income. Deposit. Rent. Own place. Couple of months. Soon, really.

Shawnee123 02-26-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 713402)
Soon, Sundae. Real job. Income. Deposit. Rent. Own place. Couple of months. Soon, really.

I second this. Girl, when you come out on the other side completely you are going to feel so good.

And you are more than 'sorted out'...you are YOU. What the heck more could any of us ask for (except the gross people, they don't count.) :lol:

Hang in there. You are loved.

Sundae 02-26-2011 01:42 PM

Yeah, sorry for the bitching, people.
I was venting.

I can see the other side.
I told her earlier that she doesn't need to have a reason to take a night "off" and I'll feed him any time, and she really seemed to take that onboard and appreciate it.

Shawnee123 02-26-2011 01:43 PM

Why are you sorry? :(

Stop that.

limey 02-26-2011 02:09 PM

Venting is good. No, really. It is.

toranokaze 02-28-2011 05:30 PM

My hp laptop won't turn on, my desk top is being crazy and the only webpage that will load right now is the cellar.

So I guess it isn't all bad

anonymoo 02-28-2011 06:08 PM

Convincing the cellar that I exist

monster 03-02-2011 10:21 PM

Hebe trying to choose her high school. She needs to choose the new school, not the one she's zoned for. But it's hard to break away from the "prescribed path". She's done all the research and investigation she can. She has to turn in the acceptance by Friday, I thought it would be better to push the decision tonight so then it's a done deal, but she won't/can't/went to bed in tears :(

Yesterday and earlier today, it became apparent that in order to pursue her passion for languages, she needs to drop orchestra -which we'd always assumed was a given. Now the decision is made, it's so obviously the right one in hindsight and she's much happier about her course choices. i was hoping for the same thing for her school choices.

Aliantha 03-02-2011 10:26 PM

It's such a scary prospect for most kids going into high school, especially if they're not going to the same school as all their friends.

I hope she can come up with a decision she feels good about.

My boys didn't have a choice of high schools. They just get to go to the local one. Not a hard decision for us. lol

monster 03-02-2011 10:52 PM

right. there are two schools that have a lottery to get into here. she got into one. The brand spanking new one with awesome facities and a slightly more open program and young and/or enthusiastic teachers who were headhunted....... If you don't apply or don't get in, you go to the one you're zoned for, I think she was hoping to miss both so no decision. It's mostly hard for her because (a) she finally found a group of friends she really clicks with (through swim team). they will be going to the local school. but doing different classes. (b) because she knows more of the swimteam at the zoned school and it's the school we had mentally prepared for.

Aliantha 03-02-2011 10:56 PM

The peer group are very important to teenagers and tweens. I know my boys have trouble with some decisions because of that, but in the end they're usually happy either way. Sometimes meeting a new group of peers can be pretty good, but yeah, scary.

The local high school for my boys was full of new kids. Especially Aden as he hadn't been to the primary school down here.

monster 03-02-2011 11:01 PM

this is three kids out of thousands and she'll still see them at non-school swim team. She's in a different school to them now. Friends are cool, but not the best basis for a high-school education decision. My best friend from high school and the only one I'm still regularly in touch with -who came to visit me in the US- was my "arch-enemy" in elementary school.

But it's still hard.

monster 03-02-2011 11:04 PM

....and this group of peers is a group of "misfits" -bright confident young people who won't let their academic prowess put them in the corner but are also nerdy geeks uninterested in fashion and Bieber and are not afraid to blaze their own trail. :lol:

zippyt 03-02-2011 11:05 PM

But it's still hard

Naa TOO Easy !!

I vote for the shiney new school

monster 03-02-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 714423)
But it's still hard

Naa TOO Easy !!

I vote for the shiney new school

yeah, beest and I do too. But we really want her to choose it rather than us forcing her into it. But I suspect we will railroad her if she makes the wrong choice. We just don't want it to be that way. It needs to come from her.

If she rejects shiny new school, she can't change he mind and go there. If she hates shiny new school, she can ditch it and go to zoned school. She's adamant that she'll hate changing more than being in the wrong school.....

13y-olds. Who'd have 'em? What a horrible point in their life to inflict their first major life decision. it's like Jekyl and Hyde on Speed.