The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

jinx 05-16-2010 09:59 AM

Oh, is that what Sinead was talking about?

I just rewatched Deadwood. Awesome again.

Shawnee123 05-17-2010 08:07 AM

Yeah, you know, when I did some research on the Magdalene Laundries after watching the movie, it did mention Sinead (Sine-aid) had spent time in one.

It's more clear to me why she ripped the pope in half on national television. :lol:

Pete Zicato 05-18-2010 05:15 PM

It's Complicated. There were some funny sections, but overall I found it to be just ok.

Gravdigr 05-18-2010 05:21 PM

"Hombre" w/Paul Newman. Good older movie.

"Shutter Island" SPOILER ALERT: Yeah, he's fucking nuts.

Clodfobble 05-31-2010 04:47 PM

Finally got around to seeing Inglorious Basterds.

Meh. I laughed out loud several times, and if I think back to any particular scene I can remember being enthralled by it. But the gratuitous violence was just dumb (and not funny-dumb, like Kill Bill.) And the text on the screen was really irritating. It was like a half-dozen excellent scenes with amazing tension and drama, with all the other bits done by a sophomore film student letting the marijuana dictate his juvenile sense of "cool."

zippyt 05-31-2010 05:08 PM

Where the wild things are SUCKED !!!!!!

skysidhe 05-31-2010 06:51 PM

I watched My Sisters Keeper on Demand. It was free yay! but I cried. boo :sniff:

The Wild Things sucked? Really? I have that on my netflix cue.

jinx 05-31-2010 06:57 PM

I thought wild things sucked too, but I only listened to it in the car. The kids liked it.

wanderer 06-01-2010 06:39 AM

Watched "Rec" last night. A decent horror movie. Not high on gore but it had some dark parts that sent chills up the spine.
Downloading "Rec 2" and "Session 9" right now.

TheDaVinciChode 06-01-2010 01:36 PM

Just re-watched (for the umpteenth time) War of the Worlds.

Tom Cruise is an annoying, pompous douche.

Dakota Fanning is talented, but the character she portrays (or rather, often portrays,) is annoying as Hell.

Movie is saved by a decent plot (thank you, H.G Wells, yet again,) and, of course, the great voice of Morgan Freeman!

classicman 06-01-2010 01:53 PM

Totally agree! If TC didn't look so much like someone I know then I'd watch virtually nothing he is in.

TheDaVinciChode 06-01-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 659825)
Totally agree! If TC didn't look so much like someone I know then I'd watch virtually nothing he is in.

Do you ever get the urge to punch that someone in the face, just because Tom Cruise is such an unimaginably dim-witted, ego-centric, arrogant toss-pot of a mental-ward patient?

I applaud you for holding back.

wolf 06-02-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer (Post 659740)
Watched "Rec" last night. A decent horror movie. Not high on gore but it had some dark parts that sent chills up the spine.
Downloading "Rec 2" and "Session 9" right now.

Session 9 completely rocks. It's a nuthouse favorite.

classicman 06-02-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaVinciChode (Post 659863)
Do you ever get the urge to punch that someone in the face, just because Tom Cruise is such an unimaginably dim-witted, ego-centric, arrogant toss-pot of a mental-ward patient?

I applaud you for holding back.

lol. I never thought of it that way. I'll bring it up next time I see him. Better yet, maybe I'll just sucker-punch him first and then explain.

Pete Zicato 06-02-2010 03:05 PM

The Gift - predictable, but fun creepy movie