The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   This really sucks. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33419)

monster 03-23-2018 11:19 AM

This really sucks.

that is all.

Clodfobble 03-23-2018 11:25 AM

It does. And will.

But you don't. You will take this thing and spit in its face and stomp on its attempts to hurt you. The battle is long, but my money's on you.

Griff 03-23-2018 01:33 PM

subscribed

fargon 03-23-2018 02:21 PM

ditto.

Pico and ME 03-23-2018 02:45 PM

It's so hard, I know. My divorce felt like a death and not just of him. It impacts EVERYTHING. I can still feel what that dark fog felt like. I wish you sunshine soon.

Glinda 03-23-2018 03:00 PM

I sympathise. Ever since my folks passed last summer, I've been slogging through all manner of fuckery trying to get all their accounts/memberships/etc., settled, closed, paid, reimbursed, renamed, re-addressed, and any other frickity-frickin' stupid thing you can think of (and a million more you wouldn't come up with).

Living in the aftermath does officially suck.

Word to the wise: do everything you possibly can right now to get your shit lined up and prepared for whomever follows you. Handling the minutiae of someone else's life is never easy (fuck bureaucracy and red tape!), but the more you can do now, the better. :(

{{monster}}

limey 03-23-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1006127)
that is all.

Yes. It does. But you will get through it. But fuckit, it certainly sucks right now. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigV 03-25-2018 12:28 AM

Sorry monster

You're right, it really sucks.

monster 05-01-2018 08:49 PM

and crash...... this is so stupid. I loved the movie Ghost (who didn't). Unchained Melody was one of the songs at our wedding. That neato priest I found on Youtube singing Every body hurts carried on autoplaying in the background into two contestants singing the same song I had never heard of before but the lyrics caught my attention.

It's from the musical of Ghost (didn't even know there was one). This is how I feel. I keep finding things of his and deal with them like he was still here. Because. I don't know. It's not like I haven't thrown stuff of his away. but most is still here

lumberjim 05-02-2018 05:00 AM

Sorry, buddy. The shock is wearing off. The permanace sets in. I can't offer any useful advice because I haven't gone through what you're going through. Wish I could, glad I can't.

Only thing I can say is sorry. Wish I could offer a hug....

limey 05-02-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1007895)
and crash...... I keep finding things of his and deal with them like he was still here. Because. I don't know. It's not like I haven't thrown stuff of his away. but most is still here

Keep the stuff you want to keep. Get rid of the stuff you want to get rid of. If you have any doubts keep it for now. It's a long, l-o-o-o-ng process, I'm afraid. When we'd just lost my brother there were all sorts of things we just couldn't imagine getting rid of because well, just because (and we didn't even live with him and his stuff at the time). As time passed we have begun to feel we can let some of it go, but some still stays. Is used. Or just looked at now and again.
Hugs to you xxx

Griff 05-02-2018 06:06 AM

This does suck.

Flint 05-02-2018 12:09 PM

It sucks HARD. Like smashing your face into a solid slab of concrete. It's that immovable. My advice is, learn to enjoy having your face smashed into a solid slab of concrete. It's not working for me, but I don't have any better ideas.

monster 05-02-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1007905)
Keep the stuff you want to keep. Get rid of the stuff you want to get rid of. If you have any doubts keep it for now. It's a long, l-o-o-o-ng process, I'm afraid. When we'd just lost my brother there were all sorts of things we just couldn't imagine getting rid of because well, just because (and we didn't even live with him and his stuff at the time). As time passed we have begun to feel we can let some of it go, but some still stays. Is used. Or just looked at now and again.
Hugs to you xxx

Yeah, I'm just doing it as I can be bothered/the mood takes me. But I occasionally find myself just dealing with things as if he'll use them again rather than deciding whether I want to toss it now or leave it for another day.

I miss him.

limey 05-03-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1007943)
... But I occasionally find myself just dealing with things as if he'll use them again rather than deciding whether I want to toss it now or leave it for another day.

But that's fine. You can't keep on making big decisions about this stuff all the time. Just putting things away without deciding anything is also good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1007943)
I miss him.

Yes. x