The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   LEGO (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33017)

xoxoxoBruce 09-03-2017 06:01 PM

LEGO

1 Attachment(s)
I never had any but I see them advertised as kits and bulk all the time. This is the first time I've see these.

monster 09-03-2017 10:22 PM

looks awesome. sadly just too late for mine. Thunderboy may not think so, but that's how it is....

xoxoxoBruce 09-03-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

ZURU Mayka Toy Brick Tape allows bricks from LEGO, Mega Bloks, and Kreo to be built on any surface — even upside-down!
Mayka Toy Brick Tape is a flexible rubber strip with a reusable adhesive backing that can stick to any smooth surface.
On its non-sticky side it's covered in a 4-stud pattern that fits into the holes on the bottom of LEGO bricks.Imagine being able to build around corners, on curved surfaces, or even onto the sides of that sailing ship you've just spent hours building.

You forgot to engineer a point of attachment for that sweet dinosaur-smashing cannon? No problem: snip a length of LEGO tape with a pair of scissors, stick it on the hull, mount your cannon, and be on your way.
Walls, fridge doors, or even shoes offer limitless possibilities, transforming surfaces into a connected base for construction toy bricks and figures — the "LEGO of Things." It's so simple you wonder why no one thought of it before (we’re looking at you, LEGO).
Starting life as Nimuno Loops on Indiegogo — and raising an astonishing £1.2million — before being licensed by ZURU, Mayka Toy Brick Tape is all set to be a colossal global hit.
78-inch roll $21

Happy Monkey 09-03-2017 11:22 PM

Looks cool. Hard to fold, though.

xoxoxoBruce 09-04-2017 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They show it going around outside corners pretty well, but inside corners not so much. Probably better to cut and butt it there.
The biggest problem in the price.

Flint 09-04-2017 12:46 AM

Rubbish. It's not system.

Hardcore AFOLs* define "system" as not only as Lego brand bricks only (no Mega Bloks, etc.), but using Lego pieces in the way they were designed--no 'illegal' connections which stress the parts. Not even Lego Technics are always 'system' in use --the stud of a 'headlight' brick may not be used to connect laterally with a Technics brick with spoke receiver. They are off by some significant fraction of millimeters, or LDUs**.

*Adult Fans of Lego

**LDraw Unit, the unit of measurement in the open source standard for Lego CAD programs

did I say all that out loud

nvm

EthanMeekins60 10-02-2017 04:19 AM

It's cool. I have not seen that before. I guess I have to buy a son, because lego is the whole world :)

xoxoxoBruce 10-02-2017 09:35 AM

No no, then you'll have to share the lego with him. ;)

Gravdigr 10-02-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanMeekins60 (Post 996567)
I guess I have to buy a son...

Make damn sure to get the extended warranty.

And keep the receipt.

fargon 10-02-2017 08:41 PM

Very interesting. I have several questions' 1) how long does the glue last? 2) How strong is the glue? 3) Does it really match up with Logo?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...y-block-tape#/

xoxoxoBruce 10-02-2017 11:10 PM

What did they say?

fargon 10-03-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 996603)
What did they say?

They didn't.

xoxoxoBruce 01-30-2018 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In the beginning...

monster 01-30-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanMeekins60 (Post 996567)
It's cool. I have not seen that before. I guess I have to buy a son, because lego is the whole world :)

make sure to get the pink one for him :rolleyes:

Clodfobble 01-31-2018 07:12 AM

I have a canvas print of that Lego patent on the wall in the kids' game area, right next to the ones for the Rubik's Cube and the Slinky.