The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

footfootfoot 12-10-2010 09:34 AM

fecalito

Clodfobble 12-10-2010 12:44 PM

Sat in the waiting room at the doctor's office for a goddamn hour before it was time to go pick up my daughter, so I had to reschedule. They called my name as I was walking out the door. Groove = scorched.

footfootfoot 12-10-2010 01:34 PM

Conversely, my shoulder surgeon saw me almost immediately, gave me a steroid injection on my other bad shoulder and instead of the pain going away, it got much worse.

zippyt 12-18-2010 05:37 PM

Just found out that my 23-4 yr old nephew is in the process of Packing up my Dead beat sister and Moving her and her Other 2 sons Closer to him so he can take of them

glatt 12-20-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 691805)
I might have to testify against a guy who I saw smack his girlfriend hard today. Fucker did it right in front of a youth group that included my daughter while they were making sandwiches for the needy. I don't know how it's going to play out. The girlfriend doesn't want to press charges, because she is used to it, but the church called the cops and and I think the church wants to prosecute him for whatever they can. Maybe disturbing the peace?

I got a subpoena a few weeks ago, and today was the dude's trial. I showed up at the courthouse to testify, but didn't have to. The bad guy didn't realize that I and another witness were going to be testifying against him, and when he learned that, he entered a guilty plea. I'm not sure what the charge is. I never had to set foot in the courtroom.

They will sentence him in a month, and he may be going back to jail.

I'm glad it worked out this way. So this really belongs in the making me happy thread. To top it all off, I learned that I don't have to use leave. My employer will treat this like jury duty and pay me, since I was subpoenaed.

Undertoad 12-20-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 701099)
The bad guy didn't realize that I and another witness were going to be testifying against him

Mona Lisa Vito: Don't you wanna know why Trotter gave you his files?
Vinny Gambini: I told you why already.
Mona Lisa Vito: He has to, by law, you're entitled. It's called disclosure, you dickhead! He has to show you everything, otherwise it could be a mistrial. He has to give you a list of all his witnesses, you can talk to all his witnesses, he's not allowed any surprises.
[Vinny has a blank look on his face]
Mona Lisa Vito: They didn't teach you that in law school either?

glatt 12-20-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 701106)
Mona Lisa Vito: Don't you wanna know why Trotter gave you his files?
Vinny Gambini: I told you why already.
Mona Lisa Vito: He has to, by law, you're entitled. It's called disclosure, you dickhead! He has to show you everything, otherwise it could be a mistrial. He has to give you a list of all his witnesses, you can talk to all his witnesses, he's not allowed any surprises.
[Vinny has a blank look on his face]
Mona Lisa Vito: They didn't teach you that in law school either?

Maybe his public defender wasn't sharing that info with him, or didn't look at the case file until the morning.

Clodfobble 02-12-2011 10:08 PM

Ugh. You know it's winter when you give up on the lotions and just start applying the tube of chapstick directly to your knuckles.

footfootfoot 02-13-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 711187)
Ugh. You know it's winter when you give up on the lotions and just start applying the tube of chapstick directly to your knuckles.

tried bag balm?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm

monster 02-22-2011 01:28 PM

quickbooks.

Pico and ME 04-23-2011 05:08 PM

Why do people who own really loud motorcycles have to rev them up over and over before they finally get going on them? There are a few in my neighborhood and they scorch my groove regularly. There's one who likes to race his bike at night back and forth down my street - I'm getting the feeling that maybe he doesn't have license for it. Are these people not aware of how much they are irritating their neighbors? I'm thinking that they are really just showing off. "Hey! Look how loud my bike is! Am I tough or what!"

monster 04-23-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 726351)
Why do people who own really loud motorcycles have to rev them up over and over before they finally get going on them?

Because they want you to come out and watch them and notice just how large their package is.

Nirvana 04-25-2011 10:47 AM

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain,Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, etc :thepain:

infinite monkey 04-25-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 726351)
Why do people who own really loud motorcycles have to rev them up over and over before they finally get going on them? There are a few in my neighborhood and they scorch my groove regularly. There's one who likes to race his bike at night back and forth down my street - I'm getting the feeling that maybe he doesn't have license for it. Are these people not aware of how much they are irritating their neighbors? I'm thinking that they are really just showing off. "Hey! Look how loud my bike is! Am I tough or what!"

Why do little shorts-sprayin' geek boys put something on their car that makes the car sound like a really old crappy Moped? They oughta just put playing cards in the spokes.

It's a younger version of look at me look at me (see Pico's post above) attention whoring for those even less mature than the old and hairy attention whores. It all amounts to this :jagoff: (with a pinch of stupidity and a modicum of hillbilly and a need for something to compensate for a tiny penis.)

BigV 04-25-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana (Post 726839)
Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain,Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, etc :thepain:

not "scorching" exactly... drowning is closer... ugh.