The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, Whadja Get? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9767)

wolf 12-25-2005 09:06 PM

So, Whadja Get?

Whether it was from Santa, Odin, or Herschel the Hanukah Elf, most folks here are playing with some new goodies or another ...

I got ...

Two Sudoku books (from my sister's cats. They get me something every year because I send them the finest in catnip filled novelties. I usually get something from the presidential collection, but the Arnies and Hillaries were sold out this year. They loved their series of Bill Clintons, which seemed to have the highest concentration of catnip in the crotch. This year they got a Spongebob and some nice chaserballs with bells in them because loud toys drive my sister nuts on her hardwood floors.)

Chronicles of Narnia Video Game

Moosehide slippers from LL Bean

The Star Trek Enterprise Ornament from Hallmark

DVDS: National Treasure, The Producers (Original), Phantom of the Opera (AL Weber), Airport "Terminal Pack" (all three Airport films. I really wanted it for the original, and this is the only way you can get it in Widescreen format.)

Cash (which is going to be going towards the Palm T|X that I bought myself)

marichiko 12-26-2005 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Undertoad 12-26-2005 02:35 AM

several wonderful things!

money!

http://cellar.org/2005/bongos.jpg

Urbane Guerrilla 12-26-2005 03:16 AM

Coupla good-looking books: Heraldry for Designers and Craftspeople and Wonders of the Sky: Observing Rainbows, Comets, Eclipses, the Stars, and Other Phenomena. Then we ate ourselves dozy on baked ham and sweet potatoes and salad -- simple and ample.

staceyv 12-26-2005 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got this- What is it, a roach clip?
(See next post for last pic)

staceyv 12-26-2005 03:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one:

(By the way, I don't smoke weed)

Cyclefrance 12-26-2005 04:10 AM

From sons: Book called 'Cycling France' - lots of 2-3 day tours throughout France (who would have guessed....?), Lance Armstrong auto-bio: 'It's not about the bike', plus some dosh towards either a new laptop (this one is now nearly 6 years old) or maybe a new bike (fancy a hybrid as, much as I love the old Raleigh, I just cannot venture off hard tarmacked roads).

From beloved one: Cashmere woolly (bit of a poser at heart), indoor mocassins (slippersreally, but Ted Baker, of course - told you I was a poser) and good old standby shirt.

From wife: no, only joking...!

Elspode 12-26-2005 06:12 AM

Previously mentioned media player, a nice, fuzzy robe, some new work shirts, a tape measure and lots of quality time with my family.

Trilby 12-26-2005 07:31 AM

a cotton throw that features the lake I went to every summer in Maine (Tripp Lake--more of a pond, actually) a silver ring, earrings (tigers eye and malachite; sp?) Amy Brown print, out-of-print book from childhood: PRINCE BERTRAM THE BAD; DVD: The Trouble with Angels (thanks for reminding me, wolf), book: COTTAGE WITCHERY, handmade plant stand from son number one, stone gargoyle who is reading a book. Ahhhhhhhh! Nice haul!

richlevy 12-26-2005 12:19 PM

A small pen camera. I also bought three heated car mugs, one of which I gave myself.

Lucy 12-26-2005 12:27 PM

An Olympus E-500 with carrying case. The durned thing is smarter then I am.
Some nice scented candles, a few lottery tickets, my perfume, new slippers, chocolate truffles, a couple nice light weight cardigans, a pasta holder with utensils and olive oil...a couple gift cards..some new non-fading pens to mark on plant tags.

Rock Steady 12-26-2005 12:28 PM

I got the new 60GB IPod with pix and video support. The display is stunning. What fun!

I really had fun giving my wife her presents. My daughter shopped with me to get things my wife wouldn't get for herself. We got her a silky blouse in medium violet that is tailored and low-cut on top yet has some room in the waist and doesn't look like maternity. A neckless of dark brass chain with lots of deep purple stones. Black bra and undies. Two shades of violet eye shadow.

As she opened things, she was shocked and laughing. Rockette and I declared it was time for a Mommy Make Over. We dressed her up and Rockette did her makeup. Mrs RS looked gorgeous. I said "I like her" and gave her a hug. She decided that she could wear all this on our date this week after all and that she felt that she really did look good in it.

Happy Monkey 12-26-2005 12:47 PM

Rent Soundtrack
The Essential Bob Dylan
Very nice poker set
Toaster oven
Cutting board (handmade)
Kitchen knife set

Very satisfying Christmas.

seakdivers 12-26-2005 06:04 PM

From my husband: a bunch of stuff from his recent trip to China, like another Maneki Neko piggy bank to add to my collection, and some beautiful handpainted scrolls. Also some really pretty necklaces, t-shirts, etc. As a stocking stuffer he got me a can of shaving cream & some razors. He's finally had it with me stealing his....or he's trying to tell me something.
Oh yeah - and a set of pigtail flippers for the barbecue. I am a bbq freak!

From my kids: makeup, clothes and a few other doodads

From my sister: A big baking pan and some baking mixes that came in a cool measuring cup/container thing.... and a book about a cat named Ernie. (the book actually was from her cats Batman & Jewel. They hate me.)

From my Grandma B: an annual subscription to the local paper (she does it every year)

From my Grandma U: a book about roses, and this weirdly-neat silicone basting brush for the bbq

From my parents: A set of 1940's swizzle sticks & some cocktail mixes for our bar, a pasta cookbook and a Cuisinart!

It was all good!

Elspode 12-26-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakdivers
Maneki Neko piggy bank

Huh? Pictures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakdivers
can of shaving cream & some razors. He's finally had it with me stealing his....or he's trying to tell me something.

Nah. Now a block of paraffin, a hotplate and some cheescloth...*then* he's trying to tell you something - but I don't think you're gonna want to hear it. :lol: