The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   funny youtube clips (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17033)

BigV 03-24-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1006166)
(Technically, I'm Gen X. We hate everyone.)

She said, redundantly.

:wink:

Gravdigr 03-24-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1006158)

I didn't know Lamplighter was hiring.

glatt 03-26-2018 07:52 AM

My daughter is a Millennial. She's at college now, so doesn't have a full time job, but she does have a part time supervisor job in the dining hall, and her shift on Saturday mornings starts at 6:15am. She's a hard worker.

Just don't refer to the women's bike in the basement without the cross bar, because you'll be corrected on how bikes don't have genders.

glatt 03-26-2018 07:56 AM

And another thing...

I went to the absolutely massive rally in DC on Saturday, and the kids running the thing are more impressive than most adults I know. This generation coming up is going to be just fine. More than just fine. They are going to fix the shit our generations are leaving for them.

Undertoad 03-26-2018 08:29 AM

Sure,

When J's kid went to college, there was a course offered on protest. You could get part of your credit for the course by attending one. It's part of the university tradition, now.

this post is offered without bias; i got college credit for bowling, once, because a powerful phys ed department needed to justify itself

glatt 03-26-2018 09:14 AM

she got course credit last semester for writing a letter to a paper that gets published. She wrote a letter about air pollution levels next to RT 66 in Arlington, and this was at a time that the highway was being opened up to single driver cars willing to pay a toll instead of just carpoolers. So the paper was looking for letters related to the highway. It was perfect timing. she had taken a high school class the year before where they went out and measured air quality by the highway and at other locations, so she had real data to cite.

That's when I noticed that many of the letters written to the local paper were by college students. Presumably also looking for course credit.

footfootfoot 03-26-2018 11:31 AM

another millenial interview:

Carruthers 12-28-2018 01:36 PM

I found this in an earnest discussion about British accents, however it's the comic timing and deadpan delivery that, for me, makes it so funny.

I haven't heard of the film and don't recognise any of the actors, but the DVD is cheap enough so I'll put it on my list.

Wiki Link

Griff 12-28-2018 03:37 PM

I remember that scene. I think the film is full of those moments but I don't remember specifically. Simon Pegg is hilarious.

Clodfobble 12-28-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carruthers
I haven't heard of the film and don't recognise any of the actors, but the DVD is cheap enough so I'll put it on my list.

This is shocking to me. I thought all Brits knew who Simon Pegg was? If you enjoy Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead is also fantastic.

glatt 12-28-2018 04:04 PM

Maybe it's like the David Hasselhoff in Germany phenomenon. Surely all Americans love the musician as much as the Germans do.

Carruthers 12-28-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1021941)
This is shocking to me. I thought all Brits knew who Simon Pegg was? If you enjoy Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead is also fantastic.

Unfortunately, for reasons I can't really fathom, there are great swathes of film and TV that have just passed me by, so I shall have to make an attempt to catch up.

I think that there's a box set of all three of the above films so I might make a contribution to Amazon's profits in the near future.

sexobon 12-28-2018 10:12 PM

Get Dani's movie list. She was on top of those back at the beginning of '14.

Carruthers 12-29-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1021947)
Get Dani's movie list. She was on top of those back at the beginning of '14.

Duly perused! Many thanks. :thumb:

Gravdigr 12-29-2018 11:13 AM

Carruthers' reminded me of Brad Pitt in Snatch:

I didn't understand a word he said when I watched it.