The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anime! - Which ones are you watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9848)

Happy Monkey 01-13-2006 10:37 AM

I've been meaning to pick up some of the other Ghost in the Shell stuff. I've only seen the first movie.

Clodfobble 01-13-2006 12:40 PM

I gave my husband the complete "Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex 2nd Gig" for his recent birthday. I was never too into the Ghost in the Shell plot, but he's really loved it.

Troubleshooter 01-13-2006 12:55 PM

anal friction blister

Urbane Guerrilla 01-16-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
anal friction blister

lawn ornament

Urbane Guerrilla 01-16-2006 09:58 PM

I'm very fond of Ranma, though I prefer the Takahashi manga art to the anime art -- and it's about the same with Inu-Yasha. Eventually this eponymous hero makes it to a Henry Higgins "I've grown accustomed to her face." So there's hope for those two sillies.

SteveDallas 01-17-2006 10:49 AM

I'm watching the first disk of Genshiken, which I'm finding amusing.

Aratron 08-24-2006 10:48 PM

I've been an Anime fan for at least 3-4 years now. My favorites are: Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z,Zone of the Enders, Big O, Fullmetal Alchemist,Naruto,Steel Angel Kurumi, Ruroni Kenshin, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Eureka Seven.

rkzenrage 08-25-2006 04:06 AM

Just finished the last of Samurai 7. I TIVO Full Metal every day.

Clodfobble 08-25-2006 10:17 AM

Currently watching a cute little series called "Planetes." Ragtag crew of astronauts works for the government removing debris from space. They get no respect but are actually vitally important to the safety of satellites and space travel. As they are all misfits, hijinks ensue, etc.

Flint 08-25-2006 10:19 AM

Ghost in the Shell

I'm an "original film" purist...

MaggieL 08-25-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
I've been meaning to pick up some of the other Ghost in the Shell stuff. I've only seen the first movie.

"Innocence" is far beyond the first movie, visually stunning at times.

I haven't seen enough of Second Gig for the story arc to hang together for me.

We're fond of Read or Die and Onegai Teacher around the homestead.

MaggieL 08-25-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Currently watching a cute little series called "Planetes." Ragtag crew of astronauts works for the government removing debris from space. They get no respect but are actually vitally important to the safety of satellites and space travel. As they are all misfits, hijinks ensue, etc.

Sounds like "Dark Star".

Flint 08-25-2006 10:24 AM

We just got My Neighbor Totoro from Netflix, and it might be the cutest thing ever.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Fist of the Northstar is one of my violent favorites.

maninthebox 08-27-2006 08:26 PM

I'm looking forward to Bleach on Cartoon Network. My all time favs are Akira, Trigun, Kinshin, and Initial D. Not real huge about anime though, but like to watch it if I can.

wolf 08-28-2006 06:19 PM

Cutting Edge OnDemand is still my primary anime source.

I just finished watching Ikki Tousen, and have started with a couple of new ones, Negima and Moonphase.