The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "Welcome to The Cellar" (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11566)

Flint 08-25-2006 10:39 AM

"Welcome to The Cellar"

I keep seeing "the greeting committee" falling all over themselves to welcome new members, which is nice, but when I showed up here y'all were like "go away, other-website scum!" and "we hate you and everything you stand for!"...etc. So now y'all are all friendly and whatnot... (but I'm still gonna keep my machete taped under my chair).

Spexxvet 08-25-2006 10:55 AM

First impressions are sometimes tough to live down. What was your first post, again?

Spexxvet 08-25-2006 10:56 AM

Welcome to the Cellar, Flint!:p

Trilby 08-25-2006 10:56 AM

Well, some people are clique-y. Tribal. Try not to take it personally and xoxoxobruce always tries v. hard to welcome new members, no matter how small :) so, just let it roll right over you.

Trilby 08-25-2006 10:58 AM

PS I do recall that when the AG'ers all swooped down on the Cellar they were trying to re create the AG forum right away without any consideration for how the Cellar worked. that was really annoying...

glatt 08-25-2006 11:08 AM

Hi Flint, welcome to the Cellar! Stick around and post some more. I think you will find that you like it.

xoxoxoBruce 08-25-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
Well, some people are clique-y. Tribal. Try not to take it personally and xoxoxobruce always tries v. hard to welcome new members, no matter how small :) so, just let it roll right over you.

No matter how small? :confused:

NoBoxes 08-26-2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
No matter how small? :confused:
I guess it's true, at least in the Cellar, that size doesn't matter! This means we can all be "In Like Flint." :D

DucksNuts 08-26-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBoxes
I guess it's true, at least in the Cellar, that size doesn't matter! This means we can all be "In Like Flint." :D

Hmm, down here its In like Flynn.

Coz Errol Flynn was a dirty rooter, and if you were "in like Flynn" you were sure to get laid, but then it got cleaned up a little and if you were "in like Flynn", it just meant its all good.

There was a movie "In Like Flint" wasnt there??

Yes, Yes - I have no life on Saturday nite. I'm babysitting...its better for my internal organs.

xoxoxoBruce 08-26-2006 03:31 PM

Yes, movie... two movies actually, like an exagerated James Bond.

Beestie 08-26-2006 05:18 PM

Speaking of In Like Flint, I've been trying to find the ringtone of the red phone in that movie to use as a ringtone. Now that was a cool ring!

That movie is a sore spot with me. They showed it on TV in the pre-cable days and it was a big deal at the time (early 70s) - they hyped it for weeks prior and I was dying to see it. I was maybe 11 or 12 and did something stupid that week and got myself grounded so the whole family watched it while I had to stay in my room. 40+ years later, I'm still pissed about that.

DucksNuts 08-26-2006 06:00 PM

I have a new found respect for you Beestie, I wish some day, I too can hold a grudge like you :p

lulu 08-26-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
PS I do recall that when the AG'ers all swooped down on the Cellar they were trying to re create the AG forum right away without any consideration for how the Cellar worked. that was really annoying...

Not really around to post much, but I do try and visit the IOTD daily, who and what are AG'ers?

Griff 08-26-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts
Hmm, down here its In like Flynn.

Up here as well. The flint version is new to me.

ashke 08-27-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu
Not really around to post much, but I do try and visit the IOTD daily, who and what are AG'ers?

Forumers from Audio Galaxy.