The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

DanaC 05-16-2011 05:24 PM

:( well, their loss V.

plthijinx 05-16-2011 06:11 PM

Definitely keep your chin up V. Before you know it, okay, maybe a little longer, you'll be back in the game!

Now what's scorching my skinny white ass us that, ironically V, my new job. Not my job per se but the dude that has my tools from when the disaster happened. My fishing gear too. Been trying to get it back for a year now on and off and now i NEED my tools and the sob won't answer my calls. Now he just sends them to vm. ffs. And to boot auto correct can kiss my lilly white ass too! You spell out a word such as "is ". It gives you "us". Ffs if i type the damn word make that the word i typed. Damn I'm bitchy. Either I'm tired as all get out (most likely) or I'm going through male pms. Prolly both.

BigV 05-16-2011 06:37 PM

Thanks Griff, Dana, plt!

I'm not dead yet... yet.

anyhow, plt, for you, I have nothing to offer to get your tools back. I do however have something that might make you laugh. Damn you auto correct is insanely funny. Enjoy, but swallow your beer first.

plthijinx 05-16-2011 06:44 PM

Lmao V! I have seem that. Shall the link here somewhere. In fact....new thread coming. For smartphone only...

plthijinx 05-18-2011 06:56 PM

today might as well should have been Monday. so i'm working on a panel getting ready to power it up with 120v (the main breaker and panel is 208v) but since there were no 2 pole breakers i could get away with 120v for testing purposes. my coworker gives me a 120v power cord that is rigged up in such a way to bolt it into the thermal magnetic circuit breaker which has 3 legs. i'll try and take a pic to clarify tomorrow. anyway, the branch leg wires were not big enough and when i went to tighten it down one of the lugs passed through and came unthreaded on the inside of the lug compartment in so which stripping out not only the lug but the allen head screw too. can someone please answer this: why do they make these lugs out of aluminum?? i digress. so before lunch i had removed and disassembled the main breaker and started trying to figure out how to unfuck myself. one of my coworkers went to the warehouse to see if we had an extra one. we didn't. so the super comes along after lunch and starts messing with the lug. eventually he got it and i put the breaker back together. so i shitcan the three 120v leads and go to the warehouse armed with hand cable cutters in search of the biggest cable i can find. #1/0 maybe #2/0 (about as big around as my index finger without insulation.) so rather than take my time and circum saw/cut the cable i'm in a hurry because of the time lost repairing the breaker so i clamp down on that sucker and give it all i've got. right when the cutters snipped through i pinched the side of my left index finger so hard that meat shot out like a zit. new cuss words were invented at the same time i looked at my finger in awe. right now it only looks like a small knick. at the time when meat was hanging out of it and blood leaking everywhere it was a little different. so here i am trying to cover up my bad fuck-up of the day. i sucked the blood to keep it from getting on the floor then i cup my fingers back into the palm of my hand and calmly walk to the restroom to patch it up. ultimately i went back to the warehouse and cut the other two leads, taking my time of course. only while cutting the second lead i notice that i was once again bleeding everywhere again so i rebandaged it and went on about my duties. and yes, that phase of the panel checkout was completed. what a day. i'm now at the track safe and sound behind the counter. ol' ron is working a 2 hour walk in party thank god because sure as shit with the day i'm having? i have no business in the pit today. i'd break a leg or foot or worse for sure.

Griff 05-18-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 734765)
right when the cutters snipped through i pinched the side of my left index finger so hard that meat shot out like a zit.

Hey! I've done that! Good times.

Aluminum appeases the bean-counter gods. You can also get the added benefit of corrosion. :)

zippyt 05-18-2011 09:53 PM

why do they make these lugs out of aluminum??

Heat dispersion

Oh and Sorry Bout yer finger ( NOT !!! ;) )

monster 05-19-2011 09:13 AM

here, filthy:

...a few paragraph breaks for you ;)

footfootfoot 05-19-2011 09:29 AM

he's channeling stacyv

DanaC 05-19-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 734851)
here, filthy:

...a few paragraph breaks for you ;)

*chuckles*

I read Philthy's post on my i-phone. I think I broke my eyes :p

monster 05-19-2011 03:42 PM

I did not read it.

Nirvana 05-19-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 734858)
he's channeling stacyv

Do you miss her? She is a blonde now you know :)

footfootfoot 05-19-2011 04:12 PM

Oh, well in that case...

plthijinx 05-19-2011 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i know guys, sorry about the format. i was at work and trying to type the story while waiting on customers or leaving the counter to go help them with something so i typed it up as quick as i could.

zip, i know heat dispersion but i was just bitching about how soft the metal is.

here is a pic of the cables i cut yesterday. basically you take an extension cord and cut it to expose the hot, neutral and ground wires. the hot (black) goes to the other side of the terminal blocks you see there in the pic with a jumper to the other two terminal blocks then stab in and tighten the large cables into the main circuit breaker then attach the neutral to the neutral bus and the ground to the ground buss in the panel and you're ready to test the circuitry. one of those cables has a little blood on it :rolleyes:

my finger is much better today. had to squeeze a little stuff out of it but once i did that it was more comfortable.

i vaguely remember stacyv hmmmm.....

casimendocina 05-22-2011 07:56 AM

Think I'm going to have reformat that in word before I can read it.