The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sexual Imorality (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27105)

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:17 PM

Sexual Imorality

At what point is sex a sin?? If you are single and never been married is it ok to have sex?? Or is Sex a special thing reserved for marriage. Me personally I don't plan on getting married, never have never will. So dose that mean I can never have sex?? Or Am I just DOOMED to masturbate my life away?? Honestly I've tried it a few times and I don't really feel a need to do it. An I have written and said a few things about it that may be controversial. SO whats YOUR opinion. Is SEX necessary?

qcc??

Sundae 03-26-2012 01:27 PM

Masturbating was considered for a long time the sin of Onan.
Whereas in reality the sin of Onan was the withdrawl method.
Or, more literally, not ejaculating inside your brother's widow when God had specifically told you to.

It happens more often than you might think.

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:34 PM

Your "beating around the bush" and not addressing my question... maybe your just being sarcastic. Me personally I don't think sex is necessary though I might try it a few more times to see if I really like it or not.

Ibby 03-26-2012 01:39 PM

Not everybody wants or needs sex. I know a few asexuals. I don't understand it, at all, but if it doesn't push your buttons it doesn't push your buttons. If it does, by all means go for it. I don't see how sex can ever be a bad thing as long as all parties involved engage in it consensually and everyone is on the same page about what it means and what they want from the experience.

Clodfobble 03-26-2012 01:44 PM

And as long as birth control is strictly adhered to, preferably multiple methods at the same time.

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:48 PM

I was about 7 when I first heard this song.. There's a place in france where the naked ladies dance there's a hole in the wall where the men can see it all but the men don't care cause there in there underwear...

Trilby 03-26-2012 04:24 PM

JBK-expand your horizons: post in Nothingland once in a while.

HungLikeJesus 03-26-2012 04:58 PM

I thought it went:

There's a place in France
Where the alligators dance...

I didn't know that there were any naked ladies involved.

Gravdigr 03-26-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 803798)
At what point is sex a sin??

If you ain't trying to make babies, you're going to hell.

:neutral:

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

If you ain't trying to make babies, you're going to hell.
Really?? Even if you are married?? Where do you get your information from....

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 05:59 PM

this is the biggest joke I've ever seen... and it's not funny it's ridiculousness gone wild...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBz8p...ature=youtu.be

ZenGum 03-26-2012 07:14 PM

A lot of western religions are very negative about sex, but I'm pretty negative about a lot of western religions.

Non-religious people generally think that sex is a normal healthy part of being human. It causes certain pleasurable brain chemicals to be released, and in cases of ongoing relationships, the mutual pleasure is very important in reinforcing the pair bond. It is good for your emotional, mental and physical health.

Non-religious people generally think sex is fine, or even very good, provided that everyone involved is a consenting competent adult. There is nothing at all immoral about two (or more :D ) people doing something they like together.

In a lot of cases, people (especially males) with mental illnesses experience low or zero sexual urges. It just doesn't come up (hehehe). So, JB, if you're not feeling the urge, don't worry. Carry on with life.

Seriously, do some painting. Make model airplanes. if you can, go play with a puppy.

sexobon 03-26-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 803798)
... Is SEX necessary?

Without it I'd be just an obon.

Ibby 03-26-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 803920)
if you can, go play with a puppy.

*grimace*

ZenGum 03-26-2012 09:57 PM

In a NICE way! :lol: :p: