The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Kid is a Damn Nutter (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18924)

Pete Zicato 07-01-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 667811)
Even today I internally curse anyone who puts bell peppers in tomato sauce.

That's not abnormal, Griff. That just means you have good taste. :D

classicman 07-01-2010 10:04 AM

agreed!

glatt 07-01-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 667836)
I can identify with that, but as a youth I wasn't given a choice.

I can identify with this.

Our daughter will eat anything. Our son is fairly picky. If he asks very nicely and respectfully, we'll let him pour himself a bowl of Cheerios instead of eating the same food as the rest of us at dinner. If he criticizes dinner in any way, no cereal for him. He needs to find a way to choke dinner down or go to bed hungry.

jinx 07-01-2010 11:07 AM

The boy loves to try new food and likes most of it. He hovers around when I'm cooking asking to try the ingredients... He would order the portabello gorganzola salad over anything on the kid's menu.
The girl, not so much. She won't eat most animals, just chicken, and just certain ways. She likes all fruit, likes quite a few vegetables, but prefers them raw. She would live off popcicles, black beans, and mashed potatoes if I let her.

Clodfobble 07-11-2010 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You know what this is? Fucking bullshit, is what it is. It's been just over 6 weeks since we had the adenoid surgery, when the doctor "just couldn't justify" taking the tonsils too because they weren't inflamed at that exact moment in time. Well they're already swelling up again, which we knew to go looking for because we've had another damn regression in behaviors. But rather than drag him into the doctor's office again, we managed to get in there with my digital camera and get a photo of it (Mr. Clod did the honors; I was on toothbrush-gagging duty.) So I'm going to email this to the doctor's office tomorrow and see what they say. I'm betting we'll be back in the pediatric surgery unit before school starts. But hey, the deductible's already paid up, right?

xoxoxoBruce 07-11-2010 10:27 PM

That sucks. :(

lookout123 07-11-2010 11:28 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that. Poor kid.

Griff 07-12-2010 05:59 AM

bummer...

Clodfobble 07-26-2010 04:27 PM

This morning, I had a medical doctor look my son in the face and tell him that he could stop acting autistic if he really wanted to.

I am not fucking joking, not even a little bit.

But it's okay. Because I have reached out to my friends, and gotten connected with a new pediatrician (who has an autistic child) who is going to refer us to a new Ear Nose & Throat doctor (who has an autistic child.) Did I mention that we go out of our way to see a pediatric dentist who has an autistic child as well?

We'll take care of our own, and everyone else can go take a flying fucking leap.

Spexxvet 07-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 672830)
This morning, I had a medical doctor look my son in the face and tell him that he could stop acting autistic if he really wanted to.

I hope you punched him in the side of his fucking brainless head.:mad2:

lookout123 07-26-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 672830)

I am not fucking joking, not even a little bit.

But it's okay. Because I have reached out to my friends, and gotten connected with a new pediatrician (who has an autistic child) who is going to refer us to a new Ear Nose & Throat doctor (who has an autistic child.) Did I mention that we go out of our way to see a pediatric dentist who has an autistic child as well?

We'll take care of our own, and everyone else can go take a flying fucking leap.

I am so sorry. I would like to point out though that you are a far better person than I'll ever be. If were forced to witness that the doctor would still be in surgery and I'd be in jail.

Clodfobble rocks.

classicman 07-26-2010 08:41 PM

As Flint would say ...

Wow! that is unbelievable. I'm with lookout - please post bail.

Clodfobble 07-27-2010 03:12 PM

Positive strep culture for the freaking win. No, screw you, Dr. Jeffrey Kahn of Austin Ear Nose & Throat.

Part of me desperately wants to go back to this guy just so I can shove the lab results in his face (the labs he didn't see the need to even run.) But the smarter part of me realizes this is counterproductive, that I don't want to humiliate the guy who's going to have a scalpel in my son's mouth. Gotta just move past it, take my strep results to the new ENT and get my son better...

Phoenix66 07-28-2010 03:30 PM

Heart goes out to you ... I have twins with autism and have family members tell me the same thing. "All you have to do is MAKE them behave; you spoil them too much, you give in to their bad behaviors." Uh, ok, so I am a bad mom, that's the problem.

ZenGum 07-29-2010 08:02 AM

I'm joining the queue to slap that doctor. WTF?