The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Shawnee123 02-05-2008 10:04 AM

What's mildly irritating you today?

I don't mind when moms and dads bring in their kids sales brochure for fundraising. Put it in the kitchen and we can order if we want.

But I find it highly irritating when the mom or dad come up to you, paper in hand, and ask you to order something from their obviously adored child. Today, I said "I can't, I'm broke." She responds, rather testily "you don't have to pay until March." I said "I can't" again and left feeling guilty.

I've been known to order these things before, but with the finances right now I can't justify a 15 dollar jar of peanuts. Maybe a 15 dollar jar of peanuts will be well within my means in a month, but I don't know that!

A dad did this to me a couple weeks ago...went office to office and then complained that it was cutting into his planning of the cruise he's going on.

Let us keep a bit of dignity and don't approach us and demand an order. Put it somewhere prominent, like the kitchen (which is what most people do), send an email to the department (easy to do) and spare us the embarrassment of having to refuse your child's needs to your face.

(PS I usually love the stuff the kids sell, and I like the kids when I know them. This chick has been here 2 weeks and I wouldn't know her kid if he bit me on the ankle.)

That is all.

barefoot serpent 02-05-2008 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
make a buzzing sound and...

BigV 02-05-2008 02:33 PM

Or....

"No thanks."

Anyone dense enough to miss that normal cue is too dense to use (and waste) anything else more witty and appropriate. Defenestration is a temporary pleasure, at best, and bound to get you talked about.

lookout123 02-05-2008 02:40 PM

on 12/28 I ordered a new Arsenal Jersey that has been impossible to find from a reputable company. I received my confirmation and have been patiently waiting. I followed up with them once and was reminded that it could take up to 4 weeks. Today I finally got in touch with a supervisor who says... "oh look, I see the problem, we've forgotten to send it to the customizer!" GRRRR!

at least I'll get it next week, but still that is piss poor business management.

xoxoxoBruce 02-05-2008 04:32 PM

Guess they couldn't be arsed-at-all to send it.

lookout123 02-05-2008 05:09 PM

*groan*

TheMercenary 02-05-2008 05:10 PM

Failure to rehab my knee after surgery as quickly as I want. Ok, this may be more than a mild irritation.

Aliantha 02-05-2008 05:14 PM

one of the cats just vomitted on the floor I just finished cleaning.

Aliantha 02-05-2008 05:15 PM

actually it pissed me off because right after that, another cat knocked over a vase of ornamental flowers. Luckily there was no water, just lots of little glass pebbles.

DucksNuts 02-05-2008 09:49 PM

I still dont have my Sony Camera...fuckers!!!

HungLikeJesus 02-05-2008 09:57 PM

Shawnee, I agree completely. Why should they hold you responsible for their mistakes?

Having kids, I mean.

If they can't afford to raise them, then why did they have them?

classicman 02-05-2008 10:50 PM

Cuz it was a lotta fun at first - you know how kids are made, right HLJ?

HungLikeJesus 02-06-2008 08:08 AM

No. And I've always been too embarrassed to ask.

Does someone want to show me?

classicman 02-06-2008 08:23 AM

DO NOT LOOK AT ME! or even in my general direction!

monster 02-06-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 430195)
No. And I've always been too embarrassed to ask.

Does someone want to show me?

this should do the trick