The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

binky 05-05-2008 05:29 PM

Enchanted. It was very cute, and didn't drag the way kid's movies usually do.

Elspode 05-05-2008 09:57 PM

Just watched "Juno". What a complete hoot. Ellen Page was brilliant. Complete tour de force.

Buffalo Bill 05-08-2008 01:38 PM

The Mist, based on a Stephen Kink novel.
Good, if you enjoy that type of action.

Sun_Sparkz 05-12-2008 05:43 AM

27 dresses - was crapola
Touchin the void - was aweseome
PS. I Love You - So SO, made em emotional but wouldnt really rate it
Assassination of Jesse James - Drawn out, not worth my time
The run down - B grade - but made me chuckle.
Death at a funeral - Great! lotta laughs.

OK - SO I'M UNEMPLOYED AND HAD A BUSY FEW DAYS. SUE ME!

Griff 05-12-2008 05:47 AM

Saw the Royal Tennanbaums last night. It might have been my mood but I found it totally hilarious.

TheMercenary 05-12-2008 11:05 AM

Michael Palin's Pole to Pole

wolf 05-15-2008 07:45 PM

Asylum
NOVA - Search for the Serial Arsonist
Schoolhouse Rock
Saw

wolf 05-18-2008 12:09 PM

Music Within

The Netflix movie recommender is scary-accurate yet again. It told me that I would like this movie a lot, and I did. I'm not big on indie films, too many of them are either poorly made, or too heavy handed in terms of the social message you're supposed to carry away with you.

This was a just plain, nice movie. No spectacle to speak of (couple Vietnam firefights, but that's really it), but well written and well acted. It's the story of Richard Pimental, who spearheaded the Americans with Disabilities Act. Extras are scant, but one is a video of Pimental telling his story.

skysidhe 05-18-2008 12:15 PM

Juno

I watched it OnDemand after work one day. I am glad I didn't go to a theater to see it. It was ok.

PS I love you.

A tear jerker. What's with these comedies lately ?

Griff 05-18-2008 05:16 PM

Into the Wild- damn good

dar512 05-18-2008 08:00 PM

The Cell - a very good sci-fi/thriller movie. The story is interesting and paced well and the visuals are spectacular.

Clodfobble 05-18-2008 09:35 PM

Yes, but ever since watching that movie, Law & Order: Criminal Intent has been completely messed up for me. Really changes the dynamic of the show when you can't stop imagining the head detective as a sadistic psychopath.

DucksNuts 05-18-2008 10:03 PM

I am Legend.

3 and 5 yr olds decided they wanted to watch it too. 3yr old only lasted until the first *yucky monster* and then he was out of there. 5yr old wanted to know what the yucky monster's names were...I named them Bob.

So, now all he talks about is "Master Bob", the "Bob Dogs" and the "Goey Bobs".

Its amusing to me because no one else knows wtf he is talking about.

Great movie. Love the car!!

DucksNuts 06-08-2008 06:50 PM

Cloverfield.

Weird, the monster thingie could of been much more impressive!

wolf 06-16-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 454869)
Yes, but ever since watching that movie, Law & Order: Criminal Intent has been completely messed up for me. Really changes the dynamic of the show when you can't stop imagining the head detective as a sadistic psychopath.

I have never seen Cell, but Vincent D'Onofrio just come across that way for me. He's just your average creepy-scary crazy guy.

Over the weekend I watched Michael Clayton. This was not the movie that I expected it to be based on the trailers. I did like it, though. I must say, it did include what was possibly the best short description of mental health commitment law that I have ever seen in a movie.

I also watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. That has got to be one of the funniest movies ever made.

Not on DVD (HBO onDemand strikes again) but I watched that indie documentary about Roman Polansky and the statutory rape trial, Roman Polansky: Wanted and Desired. I spent most of the 100 minutes just plain being annoyed. Oh, and I found another reason to despise the French.