The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

Sundae 09-05-2008 03:30 AM

Help, help, help.
In her orgy of delight that I am back in the office, Hely was stepping all over my keyboard this morning. I don't usually let her do this, but some numpty locked her in here last night and I was being indulgent to assuage my own guilt. Anyway, she's made the Cellar go really big. That's the technical description. The text is HUGE. This hasn't affected any other websites or my desktop.

Help, help, help?

Sundae 09-05-2008 07:27 AM

I logged out for lunch - yes, I went out today! - and when I logged back in it had returned to normal. Phew.

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2008 10:47 AM

Whew, glad the swelling went down, SG. ;)

Cicero 09-07-2008 11:34 AM

Can I attach an mvi file to this website or do I have to find a different host site? I should know this, but I uh.....don't. I tried yesterday but it took so long to upload that I had to quit while it was still uploading.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2008 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachments allowed;

Shawnee123 09-09-2008 03:01 PM

Cellar pages are loading slowly today. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I on Double Secret Probation here at work (in which case I need to know so I can skedaddle!) :)

glatt 11-18-2008 11:57 AM

It's SLOOOW right now.

Lots of guests viewing the recent T-Bone IOTD.

binky 12-08-2008 01:15 PM

I need help figuring out (yes AGAIN) how to post a pic. I have a kodak camera, which seems to be the AOL of cameras :mad:

glatt 12-08-2008 01:18 PM

Is the picture on your computer, and can you find it?

lookout123 12-08-2008 01:23 PM

I usually crop it to remove extra details and then paste it to my screen. Sometimes I can fit 6 or 7 pictures on there before it is covered and I have to buy a new monitor.

binky 12-08-2008 01:36 PM

LOl lookout, yes glatt, in fact I am trying to upload it through Cellar "manage attachments page, but it is taking forever and I suspect it is too large

dar512 12-08-2008 01:48 PM

Binky - It's a two step process. First you have to get the image from your camera to your computer. Then you have to upload it to the cellar.

Getting the image to your hard drive

This should work for most digital cameras. You should have received a (probably USB) cable with your camera. Plug the cable into your camera and your computer.

Turn the camera on. With the cable plugged in, it should act like a removable drive (just like a thumb/flash drive if you've ever used one of those).

Press Windows_key + E. That opens a My Computer window.

You should see your camera as a drive in the list. Click on the camera/drive. Explore around in there. You should find the picture(s) you want to save.

Press Windows_key + E again and click on My Documents and then My Pictures. Click and drag the pictures from your camera drive to My Pictures.

Your picture(s) should now be on your hard drive.

Uploading your pictures to the cellar
Start a new message or reply to one.
Look down below the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons. You should see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that.

Click on the Browse button and find the picture you want to upload to the cellar. Then click on upload. There are restrictions on the size of the files you can upload.

When your image is uploaded like this, you won't see the picture in preview.

Let me know if you still run into problems.

dar512 12-08-2008 01:49 PM

Then you want to download irfanview (free application).

With irfanview you can resize and/or resample the image to get it smaller.

Shawnee123 12-08-2008 01:54 PM

Or "open with" MS Office Picture Manager, if you don't have that other software and don't want to eff with it.

Go to Edit Pictures

Compress Pictures

Choose "web pages."

Save

LabRat 12-11-2008 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I occasionally get rid of old images I have posted, to try to keep from hogging my fair share of server space. I can't "see" the check boxes to mark which ones I want to delete for ones older than today. Anyone else have this prob?

ETA who is downloading radar pictures?? wtf? lol