The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What earworm songs are burrowing through your head today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29107)

footfootfoot 06-13-2013 09:01 AM

"Love without evidence is stalking."

Minchin is great!

Undertoad 06-13-2013 09:31 AM

I purposefully played this several times and earwormed myself, the first time you posted it HM. It got me out of pawn shop earworms.

footfootfoot 06-13-2013 09:57 AM

Undertoad 06-24-2013 12:06 PM

Sarah Silverman mocks the 20-something club scene songs/videos by making one, with the help of Will.I.Am. (He is responsible for about a third of those kinds of songs in recent years.) Those songs are designed to be earworms, so having Sarah do one is kind of unfair. She is hilarious.

jimhelm 06-24-2013 01:49 PM

limegreenc 07-21-2013 08:09 AM

anything from taylor swift-soooooooooooooooo annoying

Griff 07-21-2013 08:28 AM

Agreed.

Griff 07-21-2013 08:33 AM

Here's my kinda country music.

limegreenc 07-21-2013 09:12 PM

Try a little John Hiatt- Feels Like Rain. The gals will remember the song from P.S. I love you. Great make out tune

jimhelm 07-22-2013 09:14 AM

The Official Video
for this song is quite funny... and rather painful to watch..... so I linked the above because I didn't want to give the impression that I had the video stuck in my head. JUST the song.

glatt 07-25-2013 09:13 AM

Watched this documentary about a guy who was supposed to be the next superstar back in the 70s but who was a complete flop instead. Only to have his music make it big in South Africa without his knowledge or compensation.

A guy names Rodriguez.

Anyway, the documentary was interesting. And they kept playing his mediocre music over and over through the whole thing. Especially this one particular song. So now this song keeps going around in my head. But it's really not that great of a song. Or maybe it is. 'Cause it's stuck in there.

limegreenc 08-01-2013 05:22 PM

the Lumineers 'Ho Hey'

Sundae 08-02-2013 04:50 AM

Training session last week had the Pussycat's version of Jai Ho playing in the breaks.
It annoys me because they sing Jay Ho. I can't get past it.
But blimey it sticks in the old melon.

So I have felt compelled to listen to the real version. Over and over and over again.
And I can't even sing along as my Hindi/ Urdu/ Punjabi is limited to a few words pertaining to food or insults.

One of the many versions/ mixes.
Love me some Danny Boyle (just rewatched the Olympics opening ceremony)

lumberjim 08-02-2013 09:32 AM

The theme song from The Price is Right. Wtf.

Flint 08-02-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 871403)
Watched this documentary about a guy who was supposed to be the next superstar back in the 70s but who was a complete flop instead. Only to have his music make it big in South Africa without his knowledge or compensation.

A guy names Rodriguez.

Anyway, the documentary was interesting. And they kept playing his mediocre music over and over through the whole thing. Especially this one particular song. So now this song keeps going around in my head. But it's really not that great of a song. Or maybe it is. 'Cause it's stuck in there.

He was the "Elvis" of South America, and he didn't know it until he was like, 70. He'd lived out his life doing construction jobs, in like Detroit or something. I mentioned this somewhere before. The best part is: when the reporter asked him if he had regrets about how his life had turned out, it was like he didn't even understand the question. He was perfectly happy living a simple existence in his little apartment, he enjoyed his work, had everything he needed. They did a huge stadium concert in South Africa, everyone in the place knew every word to every one of his songs, and his backing band was the biggest name rock band in the region at that time. I think he gave all the money away.