The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Marichiko smokes cigarettes (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10607)

Undertoad 04-27-2006 06:48 PM

Marichiko smokes cigarettes

This should do nicely for all involved

lumberjim 04-27-2006 07:01 PM

organic, premium ones, at that. asshole

Trilby 04-27-2006 07:04 PM

God, that thread title made the diet coke come flying out my nose! I'm still laughing...:lol:

What the HELL does that have to do with anything? :lol:

Oh--Just read the Pipe and Cigarette thread...oops!

Kagen4o4 04-27-2006 07:08 PM

i wish i didnt

Rock Steady 04-27-2006 07:17 PM

I was wondering too, so I found the tobacco thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
your welfare dollars hard at work, folks. those of you in Co. should be lovin it.

At the risk of alienating the Mari-Bashing Society, let me just say a few things.

One is that welfare and social security are competely different things.

Another is that it is interesting this attitude that people on govt assistance should be humble, eat beans and walk to the grocery store.

My thinking is that society deals out money to people in different ways: jobs, govt assistance, retirement plans, etc. If society deems it legitimate to deal money to someone, it's their business what they do with it. If someone on disability payments wants to buy cigarettes, it's none of my business.

Undertoad 04-27-2006 07:43 PM

How about if their disability is CO poisoning?

rkzenrage 04-27-2006 07:44 PM

Heaven forbid someone on disability do something that they enjoy for themselves. I don't know her or why someone would find it so bad that she would buy smokes any more that she would buy a hamburger or spend money on a movie from time to time... I guess the world is full of busy-bodies.

Happy Monkey 04-27-2006 07:45 PM

Smoking is stupid, but so is singling out one person to berate over it.

lumberjim 04-27-2006 07:52 PM

i've got no issue with her smoking. she could spen it on crack for all i care. i have issue with her crying poor on here so often, and claiming to be damaged when she's clearly not. she's a lying fucking scammer, and a vacuum. you haven't noticed that she posts in every fucking thread about how every topic relates to her fascinating fucking life?

now she'll say that she gets them for free from someone, and we have nothing to be irked about. or that she makes a pack last 3 weeks.

Happy Monkey 04-27-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

you haven't noticed that she posts in every fucking thread about how every topic relates to her fascinating fucking life?

No.

Rock Steady 04-27-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

... she's a lying fucking scammer, and a vacuum. ...

Says the Car Dealer Financing guy with peoples' "blood on my hands".

I am a fucking scammer too. Back in 2000, some anonymous people bought stock from me for $160/share and within a year it dropped to $1.65. 10,000 shares is a lot of money.

The trouble with Mari is that she's not stealing big enough like these legitimate white collar scams you and I have going on.

Rock Steady 04-27-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
How about if their disability is CO poisoning?

That is a good point. It seems to me that there should be some contracting in place with some govt assistance. This would be similar to my past DARPA contracts.

With a govt grant, you spend as you please. With a research contract, you have certain milestones, reporting, and deliverables.

It seems that a case of CO poisioning should be handled similarly. There should be a set of rights and a corresponding set of responsiblities for a disability program. I can't really fault an individual for the shortcomings of a whole system.

(Aside, there were several years where the contracts that I managed were among the top 5 highest federal contracts by dollars in the city of Pittsburgh)

Undertoad 04-27-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Steady
I can't really fault an individual for the shortcomings of a whole system.

Never mind the welfare issue, can you fault an individual who claims to have suffered slow CO poisoning and who then claims to smoke?

Rock Steady 04-27-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Never mind the welfare issue, can you fault an individual who claims to have suffered slow CO poisoning and who then claims to smoke?

That's what AA and the drug rehab centers support. What can I say?

As far as I know, the only folks to admit in Cellar posts to going thru AA &/| rehab are me, Bri, and Mari. Out-Patient is serious enough. I was a Residential Member, which means I lived at the rehab place for two weeks.

I was not among them. But, the smokers gathered together and did some serious smoking. That was the only vice allowed. And they did it with a vengence.

At some AA meetings, there was a group of cigar smokers I was friends with. I didn't smoke, but just hanging with these guys for 20 minutes and I caught a second-hand buzz OUTSIDE. Now, I'm a really MJ stoner. So, I know a buzz when I see one.

Recovery programs are OK with smokers, they even Enable Tabacco.

Undertoad 04-27-2006 09:19 PM

That's not the point. The point is that if one barely survives CO poisoning, knowing how CO binds to your hemoglobins and prevents them from carry oxygen to your brain, continuing to smoke afterwards and thus carry on the slow damage would indicate a previously undocumented level of dumbassedness.