The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Osama bin Laden is DEAD (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25118)

classicman 05-01-2011 09:47 PM

Osama bin Laden is DEAD

Took almost 10 years, but the US apparently has the body of the mastermind of 9/11.

Obama to speak about it in moments...

Nirvana 05-01-2011 09:50 PM

Duplicate thread here

monster 05-01-2011 09:57 PM

Source is where?

zippyt 05-01-2011 10:00 PM

turn on Abc Nbc or Cbs

monster 05-01-2011 10:02 PM

I did thanks. but am I wrong in thinking they are still operating on rumors?

monster 05-01-2011 10:03 PM

(currently on abc)

I do hope it's true, though.

zippyt 05-01-2011 10:07 PM

I Just fixed drinks and we had a Bacon Toast in honor of this

bluecuracao 05-01-2011 10:14 PM

I think TMZ was the first to report it. They were also the first to report about Michael Jackson's death. How do they do it? :rolleyes:

Uday 05-01-2011 10:15 PM

According to Fox and MSNBC, he was killed by an American bomb, and his DNA has been tested and confirmed as of tonight.

I hope it didn't kill him too quickly.

monster 05-01-2011 10:18 PM

how fast can they dna test? ....although beest is listening to the news more closely and says it appear the attack was several days ago.... sounds like this is a go!

ZenGum 05-02-2011 12:00 AM

I guess it is good, but it seems almost pointless. He was no longer relevant tactically or strategically. I guess symbolically this matters, in a "We WILL get you, sooner or later" sense.

I'm a little concerned that this was done by raiding a place in Pakistan. That is an act of war, and I'll bet we didn't clear it with the Pakistanis first, on account of their ISI being in bed with the taliban. I wouldn't want to destabilise Pakistan any further. And we can now expect a wave of 'reprisal' bombings and such around the world.

Still, a win is a win.

Urbane Guerrilla 05-02-2011 02:49 AM

In other words, Zen, we're not going to be able to tell if they're extra angry with us or not. The Lefty hand wringers never could correctly figure out what they should be wringing their hands over.

The deaths of mad dogs is not a thing to mourn. While we're not quite line-dancing in the streets over here, there is gathering at Ground Zero as I type. They've got to be pretty sandy-eyed by now, though. Traffic on Twitter is reported to be extraordinarily heavy.

Sundae 05-02-2011 03:55 AM

A Pakistani helicopter started out on the mission, but crashed due to some kind of mechanical failure. So someone, somewhere in Pakistan knew about this.

ETA - this may not be the case after all, there are conflicting reports, including that the helicopter was shot down.
From the BBC "Another senior US official said that no intelligence had been shared with any country, including Pakistan, ahead of the raid."
So ignore me!

More importantly, did anyone have them on their death list this year?
Sadly, I think I gave up on him a while back, so no points for me :(

infinite monkey 05-02-2011 07:09 AM

Man, the Bushes must be BUMMED.

Urbane Guerrilla 05-02-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 729648)
Man, the Bushes must be BUMMED.

They aren't. Republicans always do appreciate the Republic's victories. Some non-Republicans resolutely avoid grasping this, to the wonderment of all who see it.

Thinking of this sort illustrates the mentality of the Left -- too childish for Urbane Guerrilla to respect in the slightest, and I damn it categorically and often. Stupid, you see, should hurt. It should hurt as much as is needed for the lesson to be taught. For some minds, that means a level of agony that would double that of terminal prostate cancer, so slow are they to learn what they should.

Do not respect such minds -- they are slow and not nimble. In severe cases, meds must be considered. There are some folks who are only clinically sane. (Which is roughly what Michael Graham said of Janeane Garofolo.)