The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What DVD's are we Watching? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9293)

Shawnee123 04-26-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 560360)
Jim Carrey's "Yes Man" sucks. That is all.

Really? I'm surprised! :p

classicman 04-26-2009 10:50 AM

That had to be one of the WORST movies evahhhhh

capnhowdy 05-12-2009 07:26 AM

Don't know why it took me so long to watch "Monster Ball". That is one helluva good flick. But the ending sux. Am I alone in thinking that the stage is set for a sequel?

ETA: Thornton is truly a gifted actor. And Halle Berry is so hot.

dar512 05-19-2009 02:52 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Wolf and all. The Dar family watched The Prestige last weekend. Everyone enjoyed it.

glatt 05-19-2009 03:15 PM

My wife put State of Play into the cue. I had never heard of it, so was skeptical. But so far, it's really good. It's a BBC miniseries drama. 6 episodes. We've seen 2 episodes so far.

It's a crime drama. A tense, well done, thriller following a scandal surrounding a politician and a dead woman, and the ongoing investigation by police and reporters. Complicated enough that you have to pay close attention. I'm looking forward to seeing episode 3 tonight. It's been a long time since I've looked forward to tv.

They are doing an American version as a feature film. They were filming it around DC this past fall.

BigV 05-19-2009 04:28 PM

queue

I'm just sayin...

capnhowdy 05-19-2009 04:42 PM

Tommy Lee Jones in "Electric Mist"
Co stars John Goodman.
Pretty good flick. Jones is a truly natural badass.

Clodfobble 05-19-2009 08:28 PM

We've just started the HBO series Big Love, about the polygamist family. It's pretty good so far, although I could live with less shots of Bill Paxton's ass.

SteveDallas 05-19-2009 08:48 PM

Carrier, and Quincy.

capnhowdy 05-19-2009 09:02 PM

Very timely. Very good.
"Taking Chance." [Kevin Bacon]
Semper Fi. That is all.

SteveDallas 07-14-2009 10:43 PM

I just got all caught up with True Blood.

I was watching the Oscars the night Anna Paquin won and practically strangled herself before she could say thank you. It's hard to believe it's the same person.

jinx 07-14-2009 10:46 PM

Little House on the Prairie season 3. The girl got it for her birthday...

TheMercenary 07-15-2009 06:48 AM

Push. Very interesting movie. One of the better special effects movies out in a long time.

Defiance. A good WW2 movie about a bunch of Jews who survive in the forests. Only at they end to they tell you it is true. A really good drama. Not for the kiddies. Fair amount of violence. Worth the watch if you like WW2 movies.

TheMercenary 07-15-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 566850)
My wife put State of Play into the cue. I had never heard of it, so was skeptical. But so far, it's really good. It's a BBC miniseries drama. 6 episodes. We've seen 2 episodes so far.

It's a crime drama. A tense, well done, thriller following a scandal surrounding a politician and a dead woman, and the ongoing investigation by police and reporters. Complicated enough that you have to pay close attention. I'm looking forward to seeing episode 3 tonight. It's been a long time since I've looked forward to tv.

They are doing an American version as a feature film. They were filming it around DC this past fall.

I collect British Mysteries/Crime shows on DVD. If you ever care for some recommendations let me know.

bluecuracao 07-15-2009 09:00 AM

I finally got to see The Iron Giant all the way through. He is the cutest robot ever; way, way cuter than Wall-E even.

Also Pineapple Express, the funniest and most violent stoner movie I have ever seen.